Questions on Ref's Calls

Bamatide44

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 26, 2009
This is not Ref flamming. Just a couple of questions:

1. Why was the interception by TAMU called incomplete? It appeared the players toe touched the green before the heel came down. Was this the right call because of a rule that states a player must have the whole foot down while going backwards?

2. Although I think is was great coaching on TAMU's part, the offsides at the end was clearly the wrong call. The ref did not read the offense line correctly. They were not coaxed into moving, they were coached into moving. Big difference! The Bama player was a good 2 yards from the OP. The ref should have called motion.

I agree with basically everyone about the turnovers and playcalling. I was screaming for a timeout on the 4th and 2 after AJ took a big hit. Don't understand that decision. ??

Roll Tide! We may still have a shot at the Natty with a little help.

Bear Disciple

1st Team
Oct 27, 2009
Tuscaloosa, AL

1. Why was the interception by TAMU called incomplete? It appeared the players toe touched the green before the heel came down. Was this the right call because of a rule that states a player must have the whole foot down while going backwards?

2. Although I think is was great coaching on TAMU's part, the offsides at the end was clearly the wrong call. The ref did not read the offense line correctly. They were not coaxed into moving, they were coached into moving. Big difference! The Bama player was a good 2 yards from the OP. The ref should have called motion.

I agree with basically everyone about the turnovers and playcalling. I was screaming for a timeout on the 4th and 2 after AJ took a big hit. Don't understand that decision. ??

Entire foot must be in bounds. It was the correct call.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002

1. It's where the heel lands.

2. Don't know.

Bamatide44

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 26, 2009
But, a receiver can have the top of his toe slide on the green and be ruled complete. Is is just a backwards issue?

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
a rule that states a player must have the whole foot down while going backwards?
LOL..... The player must have one foot in bounds.

Nothing about toes or backward motion. Just a foot down in bounds.

But, a receiver can have the top of his toe slide on the green and be ruled complete. Is is just a backwards issue?
Are you trying to be obtuse?

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Two toes = 1 Foot. 1 Foot = completed pass, therefore you have to drag a foot or have 2 toes for a completion.

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
Yeah several unsportsmanlike penalties should've been called against swipe and their RB when converting first downs!!!
If the SEC officials need to be consistent with their taunting and unsportsmanlike conduct calls. Last week an LSU player got pull aside by the refs and told to knock it off after he made a first down gesture. Patterson for UT got a TD nullified because he high stepped it into the endzone.

It's amazing that Swopes got away with the Cam Newton superman pose TWICE!

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
We lose when Tom Ritter does our games more than any other crew. Holding was occurring regularly. It was why Johnny could run around for so long. Even with that, wehad our opportunities and blew them. Run the dedgum ball dang it.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I'm more upset over the two Head-to Head calls that got overlooked...
Felt like Haha'***** on Swope was clean. If that was a hit on a "defenseless" receiver, the hit on Eddie was too. That was helmet to helmet on AJ, as well. Refs weren't consistent IMO.

TheBamaMan

All-SEC
Jul 17, 2000
Dothan, Al
Felt like Haha'***** on Swope was clean. If that was a hit on a "defenseless" receiver, the hit on Eddie was too. That was helmet to helmet on AJ, as well. Refs weren't consistent IMO.
There is no helmet to helmet rule on a runner. But with lacy, he was a reciever at the time.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

PCBamafan

3rd Team
Oct 18, 1999
Panama City, Fl
The front page on ESPN right now has a BLATANT hold on CJ that did not get called. Not sure of the play's outcome, but the head-to-head hit and the offside call were bad calls IMO.

The one thing I will say about the offside call is that it looked as though we had the return on, so why are we jumping into the neutral zone anyway and forcing the officials to make a call?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.