P. Sims comments about AJ

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Is that true? What's the view of others? Will AJ be back next year?
No

If we win out, he'll undoubtedly be invited to the Downtown Athletic Club. And he'd have 2 rings. His stock would never be higher. Plus, with Warmack, Jones, and Fluker (yes. He's gone too), that OL is gonna be a true work in progress.

That on too of the fact that AJ looks like Montana in shorts & a t-shirt (which is all scouts will have to judge in besides game tape), I can't see him coming back

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
I've never heard that, and doubt he leaves. As good as AJ is, he still isn't going to grade out as a first rounder. Saban, unless there's something crazy going on, will recommend he stay for his senior year...which is the right decision.
You may not have heard it, but numerous people close to AJ have said that he plans to leave early. Ask Earle about his thoughts on this and what he's hearing. He has heard pretty much the same the thing.
Things may change, but I'd say there a much better chance he leaves than stays.
I am not saying I agree and I certainly wish he would stay another year, but the thought is "What more can he prove staying another year played behind a less experienced OL?" The thought is that his stock going to at its ceiling at the end of the year.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Seems I heard in the past that CNS will offer his advise on whether it might be time to leave or not. They will have had the best word then.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
You may not have heard it, but numerous people close to AJ have said that he plans to leave early. Ask Earle about his thoughts on this and what he's hearing. He has heard pretty much the same the thing.
I am not saying I agree and I certainly wish he would stay another year, but the thought is "What more can he prove staying another year played behind a less experienced OL?" The thought is that his stock going to at its ceiling at the end of the year.
I understand the OL will not be as good, but I still think there is a lot he can gain by coming back another year. One is a 3rd ring. I've heard Bill Parcels say that he will only take a QB in the first round if he has played at least 3 years as a starter. Your mind is much more important as a QB than other positions. i.e. RB or WR. So another year experience would provide a lot. I can't imagine AJ going to the draft as a projected 2nd-3rd round guy.
If that is the news everyone is hearing, then it could be true. I think everyone who comes to college thinks they will be able to come in, play 3 years, then go to the NFL early. I guess we'll just have to see how it turns out.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
I always liked this kid he handled everything with Class.

Im proud of our fans as well, most other schools would try try to find some fault in his charchater. How dare him leave us. Well I wish him the best as most everyone on this board has said many times.

I don't know exactly why he left but he did it the Right way before during & after as did the school.

Probably helps recruiting when you show you care about your players as people not just in football. Everyone looks for CNS secret formula it starts with doing the Right thing always.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
As I just said, this may have changed or be in the process of changing. This is a deep QB class but next year's not so much. He could go much higher. Also, The Heisman hype may be beginning to have an effect. The main "X" factor is his dad's influence...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.