Where things stand 12/11 (board update)

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
We've got several similar discussions going on in different threads, so I thought I'd simplify it and put the current status in one thread.

RB: Trey Sanders, DJ Williams, Deondrick Glass

Sanders is the prize, but if we were to fail to get him, we have backup options in Williams and Glass. I think Williams is anxiously waiting to hear if he gets an offer. Neither are any slouch, but Sanders is ready, now. The only knock on Sanders is his ceiling....how much higher can he actually go?

OL: Evan Neal

Most sources are very confident in Neal coming on board again...even the ever optimistic UGA people.

TE: Zipperer

It looked like we were going to take him at one point, but that appears to not be the case any longer.

OLB: Kayvon Thibodeaux, Khris Bogle

Well, well, well, look what persistence can do! Oregon and FSU sources are not confident in landing Thibs at this point and Bama has trended lately. Bogle could be an option if we miss on KT or have space.

ILB: Henry To'oto'o, Nakobe Dean

Coaches are in home with Dean today, looking good here. Hard to tell on To'oto'o. Distance is probably a factor.

DB: Marcus Banks, Jordan Battle, Noa Paola-Gates

Coaches are seeing Banks today. Battle is having a hard time in his decision- lost Meyer but Bama got Dax Hill. Paola-Gates got a visit yesterday, but not confident he has a spot any longer if pieces fall.

DL: Ishmael Sophser, Siaki Ika

Ika has not been visited and he's uncertain the official will occur this weekend. Surprising news there, but Golding saw Sophser last night.

Rumors (unfounded or otherwise - just throwing it out there from the Interwebs)

Keiland Robinson may be rethinking his commitment after Locks left.
Turnage has had some smoke surrounding his firmness but that may be related to the fact he's in Oxford, MS.
Eboigbe might look around if Thibs commits, but he's been pretty firm.
Christian Williams commitment has come into question more than once. Very quiet lately, however.

24 current commits. 28 has long been the rumored number. Have heard 1 may be a blueshirt. Can't see how we add less than 6 more if the pieces fall (Sanders, Neal, Sophser, Dean, Thibodeaux, +1)

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
This is awesome info - thanks for consolidating!

On Eboigbe, I thought he was projected to grow to a DL/DE. I also thought that Thibs was projected more as a JACK. Thoughts on why Thibs coming might cause Eboigbe to look around?

Also, no other WR? I know we are plenty set for the 2019 season with all the current Sophs, but I can't help but worry that all three of them might declare early and that we'd need to get 1 more in this cycle to help build up some experienced depth for 2020.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

On Eboigbe, I thought he was projected to grow to a DL/DE. I also thought that Thibs was projected more as a JACK. Thoughts on why Thibs coming might cause Eboigbe to look around?

Also, no other WR? I know we are plenty set for the 2019 season with all the current Sophs, but I can't help but worry that all three of them might declare early and that we'd need to get 1 more in this cycle to help build up some experienced depth for 2020.

Heard a couple of weeks ago we were not going to add any more WR's to this class and load up in the '20 class.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Like I said, just a rumor no matter how silly it sounds.

No more WR this class. Should be a huge one next year.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Thanks for all you do RTO! This is looking to be a fun next few months

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
FWIW, Taulia Tagovailoa was not displaying Alabama gear at Thompson High School’s “early enrollee celebration” today. Amari Kight was displaying, as was the young man going to UAB. May not mean anything. Saw this on local Birmingham TV this afternoon.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
FWIW, Taulia Tagovailoa was not displaying Alabama gear at Thompson High School’s “early enrollee celebration” today. Amari Kight was displaying, as was the young man going to UAB. May not mean anything. Saw this on local Birmingham TV this afternoon.
I did too and think it is an attention grabbing statement from the sportscaster. No worries IMO.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.