Game Thread: SUPER BOWL LIII - Sunday, Feb. IIIrd. V:XXX P.M. CT. CBS.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, Georgia.

The AFC Champions: New England Patriots. (XIII-V)
VS.
The NFC Champions: The Los Angeles Rams. (XV-III)

LINE: Patriots. III (LVII). .Rams.

The Patriots:
HC Bill Belichick - XIXth year. (CCLIV-LXXIX).
#XII. Tom Brady VI-IV CCXXV. Age XLI. NFL XIX years. Michigan.
The Patriots are the Designated Visiting Team.
www.PATRIOTS.com

The Rams:
HC Sean McVay: IInd. year. (XXVI-IX).
#XVI. Jared Goff VI-IV CCXV. Age XXIV. NFL III years. California.
The Rams are the Designated Home Team.
www.THERAMS.com

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Won't be watching it as I feel the game is illigitimate following the Non-PI call for the Saints. It was obvious the way both games were being officiated that there was a desire for an East-West coast match up in the SB. Not worth my time. Much more fun watching Man City squishing Arsenal in rerun.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It was obvious the way both games were being officiated that there was a desire for an East-West coast match up in the SB. .
Yeah I don't buy that. Everyone and their Patriots hating uncles wants to rag on the Brady roughing the passer call and say the refs cheated for the Pats , but doesn't want to accept 2 facts...

1) It was 2nd down and 7, and without that call it would've been 3rd and 7. The Pats destroyed the Chiefs on 3rd and long all night so it was likely the Pats would've gotten 15 yards anyways. Adding an extra play actually probably is worse for the Chiefs because it would've been 1 less play they would had to force overtime

2) It wasn't the most egregious call of the game that helped decide the result. The illegal 40 yard pick play no call the Chiefs factored into the end result far more than any point in the game. Had it been called we are probably talking about a double digit Patriots win

I think you can make any argument you want about the Saints-Rams game, and dismiss the Saints squandering chances in favor of cheating refs. But its harder to make a case for the Chiefs being screwed over, in fact its easier to say the Patriots were being jobbed by the refs for the sake of making a competitive game.

Last edited:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, Georgia.

The AFC Champions: New England Patriots. (XIII-V) = 8
VS.
The NFC Champions: The Los Angeles Rams. (XV-III) = 12

LINE: Patriots. III (LVII). .Rams.

The Patriots:
HC Bill Belichick - XIXth (19th) year. (CCLIV-LXXIX). 254-79=175 more wins than losses.
#XII = 12. Tom Brady VI-IV CCXXV. (6'-4") (225 lbs) Age XLI = 41 NFL XIX = 19 years. Michigan.
The Patriots are the Designated Visiting Team.
www.PATRIOTS.com

The Rams:
HC Sean McVay: IInd. (2nd) year. (XXVI-IX). (26-9)
#XVI. Jared Goff VI-IV CCXV (6' 4" and 215 lbs.). Age XXIV. NFL III years. California.
The Rams are the Designated Home Team.
www.THERAMS.com
Okay what month/day/year were they born in Roman Numerals?

I just saw in Sam's a lot of sweatshirts on SALE: REASON MCMXIX. Hummm that's 1919 and this is 2019! 2019 would be MMXIX.
Whoever placed those numbers on those sweatshirts should have been consulting YOU or me.

Last edited:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I watched the first LI Superbowls. I did not watch last year (LII) and will NOT again this year MMXIX for LIII.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
I wouldn't be as interested if we didn't have some of our former players in the game. Starters too. That alone gives me a reason to watch.

Also....regardless of how much disdain I have for the NFL....we're still a long way from next football season and I'll take whatever I can get right now.

YMMV.....;)

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I wouldn't be as interested if we didn't have some of our former players in the game. Starters too. That alone gives me a reason to watch.

Also....regardless of how much disdain I have for the NFL....we're still a long way from next football season and I'll take whatever I can get right now.

YMMV.....;)
Are You getting onboard with the Orlando Apollos next week? I'm pretty excited to see what the Iron do to pass another 10 + weeks.

But fwiw tonight Ill be for the Pats because I do like to watch their unprecedented dynasty even though they aren't my NFL team.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Won't be watching it as I feel the game is illigitimate following the Non-PI call for the Saints. It was obvious the way both games were being officiated that there was a desire for an East-West coast match up in the SB. Not worth my time. Much more fun watching Man City squishing Arsenal in rerun.
Ho'way lass......................not as much fun as losing to the Toon Army!

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

(OK, I'll stop now.) (No, I missed it, as I had the flu.)

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Are You getting onboard with the Orlando Apollos next week? I'm pretty excited to see what the Iron do to pass another 10 + weeks.
But fwiw tonight Ill be for the Pats because I do like to watch their unprecedented dynasty even though they aren't my NFL team.
Yes to the first and no to the second. My team is the Dolphins but since they are not playing, as a native Californian - it will be the Rams.

:)

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Yes to the first and no to the second. My team is the Dolphins but since they are not playing, as a native Californian - it will be the Rams.

:)
Yeah its hard for a Jets, Fins , Bills, Broncos, Raiders, and Colts fan to even semi cheer for the Pats... My team would make it hard to semi cheer for them if I lived there, but alas Ive only been there only once in my life.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
[/URL]

Been a Patriot fan since John Hannah made his debut in Foxboro! Living in New England for 6 years didn’t hurt either .

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.