News Article: Birmingham Raiders?

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
The fact that B’ham got an AAFL team with Legion Field as the only option is a joke. They couldn’t pay me enough to go to a game in that part of town.
Well, I read a story today about Trent Richardson playing for the Birmingham Iron.
I really hope he makes a mark with the Iron and maybe gets a contract in the NFL. I loved watching that dude run the ball.

Striker

Oct 10, 2017
For some reason I am, or was, thinking the Raiders signed a deal in the past week or two to play the 2019 season somewhere in Cali again?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think that is going to follow him until he proves it to be a thing of the past, and even though he scored twice yesterday he really didn’t have one of those “ wow he is on his way” type of games.

I hope Trent gets another shot in the NFLbut I think unless he really shows out for the Iron then a practice squad role maybe his only shot in the NFL.

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.
The fact that B’ham got an AAFL team with Legion Field as the only option is a joke. They couldn’t pay me enough to go to a game in that part of town.
I went to the AAF game yesterday at Legion Field and took my son and one of his friends. We had no problems or issues. Traffic flowed great into and out of the stadium, parking was great, concessions were fine, and the football was enjoyable too. I plan to go to a few more games during this season.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
I went to the AAF game yesterday at Legion Field and took my son and one of his friends. We had no problems or issues. Traffic flowed great into and out of the stadium, parking was great, concessions were fine, and the football was enjoyable too. I plan to go to a few more games during this season.
I watched most of the game yesterday and some of the Orlando game earlier in the weekend. I have a positive attitude toward the league and believe that there are a lot of excellent football players out there and this league gives them a good opportunity to perform. It would be good for football for the league to be successful financially. IMO

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I watched most of the game yesterday and some of the Orlando game earlier in the weekend. I have a positive attitude toward the league and believe that there are a lot of excellent football players out there and this league gives them a good opportunity to perform. It would be good for football for the league to be successful financially. IMO
Is the plan for the Iron to play at the new UAB stadium when it's done? This is assuming the league last that long.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Yes but as you say.......
I like what I saw on their opening weekend. They can get a game in at around 2.5 hours. And if they can develop their team around some former Bama and Auburn players, as they started to do, they'll draw a decent crowd.

I actually saw a discusion on Twitter that said the announced attendance of 17K was actually low and several said they thought it was a good 10K more than that. If they can develop a good team and get into the new stadium I think B'ham will get behind them.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Not a bad crowd considering the weather wasn’t the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I think I saw where the crowd was announced at about 17,000. Very respectable. If that had been a UAB game the would have announced that crowd as about 38,000. ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.