****Official PreGame Thread - Bama vs. Notre Dame in the BCSCG****

Status
Not open for further replies.

tidegrandpa

All-American
I know a lot of us have watched a lot of football, most of us since the 60's, some since the 50's...enjoy this, please, even the ESPN ND love fest, it's as good as it can get, and if we win tonight, the undertaker won't be able get the smile off my face.
My gut tells me ND is Michigan in gold helmets and we all know how that worked out.
I'm not predicting anything, but I don't have the apprehension I did against A&M or Georgia.
And man do I appreciate Nick Saban and the pride and status he's brought back to life at my old school.
I'm leavin' work early, burnin two big bone-in ribeyes and icing down 12 Miller Long necks for post game ceremonies
Good luck every body and,
Roll Tide.
:BigA::):):)

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
I'm so nervous I can barely concentrate at work. I wish it were 7:30 already!
Dude don't be nervous. The hay is in the barn. We will reap what we sow. And tonight we sew a sweater together out of the rags that the NDomer's will leave behind.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
Re: ****Official PreGame Thread - Bama vs. Notre Dame in the BSCCG****

Yes. And I also think that our defense will be the best they've faced. It's going to be a battle of wills on both sides.
No way our defense is better than that pre-season #1 USC team they played! :rolleyes:

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa

Agreed. Their front 7 may be the best we've faced.
I disagree that their Dline is the best we've faced. I think both LSU and UGA had better Dlines. How many pro's were on both LSU's and UGA lines? ND's line is big, but how fast are they?

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA

I disagree that their Dline is the best we've faced. I think both LSU and UGA had better Dlines. How many pro's were on both LSU's and UGA lines? ND's line is big, but how fast are they?
UGA has a great DLine for pass rushing...but they had trouble stopping the run all year. LSU had a great DLine overall...but they gave up points in the Red Zone that they normally do not.

I do think ND will test us in the Red Zone, a place we've struggled the second half of the season, because they just simply don't let teams cross the goal line.

If we can keep their safeties back in zone coverage via a passing threat...we will be able to beat them on the ground. AJ's going to have to be efficient more than anything tonight...and if they cheat up and stack the box...he'll need that deep ball to be accurate to make them pay. Nothing new really...just Alabama football.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

ROLL TIDE ROLL - over every dome you encounter tonight! :biggrin:

Looking forward to the game - enjoy - you have earned this! :wink:

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I may eat my words, but here are my keys to the game

1) Depth- all this talk about how good the ND Dline is, but the real question is how good are their backups? I think we see this show up in the 2nd half as we have a much deeper rotation. It will be humid down there in Miami even at night and they are not used to playing in these conditions. This is where we have a decided advantage.

2) Officiating- We all know that ND get the calls at home or they wouldn't be in Miami. Lets hope the officiating is at least close to fair or the zebras could have a huge bearing on the outcome.

3) Team speed- I do not think ND has seen a team with the speed our guys have on both sides of the ball. They have a size advantage on the defensive line, but are they going to be able to catch a TJ or Eddie in space? I think not.

4) QB's- We have a QB with experience in this game, and they have a RS freshman who has never played in this type atmosphere.

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama
LOL me too...I am at work, but not much work being done. I'm not nervous yet but my mind keeps wandering to the game.

This is an epic, grand-daddy of them all type matchup we may not see again for a while.
I expect BAMA will be focused and ready for the challenge that ND will bring. ND will be hungry, they haven't been in this position for years and years; Bama is in familiar territory trying to repeat and make history. I'm hoping our guys will be able to overcome the external pressures of all that, find their groove, and just play their best.

Me too! I ain't worth firing today....

tmv85

All-SEC

The teacher next door just came by in his Kelly green sweater (yeah, he's a barner.) HE said he sees this game going the same way the '09 Sugar Bowl went because we're cocky and think we can't be beat and ND has nothing to lose. He also said he thinks "Nick" sent those two guys home as a message to our guys that they better stop partying and begin to focus. I pointed out that in '09, we had championship hopes lost when Florida beat us in the SEC game, we were without a valuable part of our line (Andre Smith), and that it was a decision by the PLAYERS to send those guys home, not "Nick". He looked at me like I had horns growing from my head. I hate barners. Please, God, open up an opportunity for me to get farther away from that horrid place.

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama

Good points, agree.

UGA has a great DLine for pass rushing...but they had trouble stopping the run all year. LSU had a great DLine overall...but they gave up points in the Red Zone that they normally do not.

I do think ND will test us in the Red Zone, a place we've struggled the second half of the season, because they just simply don't let teams cross the goal line.

If we can keep their safeties back in zone coverage via a passing threat...we will be able to beat them on the ground. AJ's going to have to be efficient more than anything tonight...and if they cheat up and stack the box...he'll need that deep ball to be accurate to make them pay. Nothing new really...just Alabama football.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ

A couple of thundering 25 to 30 yard td runs by Eddie will take care of their red zone shutdown zone. I see Eddie and T.J. having a field day tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.