First bit of info released concerning NCAA Football 2008

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
I liked the part about them revamping the recruiting aspect of the game, that's long needed some fresh ideas. Maybe EA is finally beginning to realize they actually need to do some work in order to put out a quality product and not just a slightly better version of the previous year's game, at least one can hope!

crmsnrevelation

All-American
Nov 8, 2005
Mobile Alabama
thats the bait....
EA is now going to reel us all in to a video game that has 2 ideas that are new and not competely thought out.
i just wish there were other companies out that created ncaa games.

BUUUUUUUUZZZZZZZZZZZZZ......reel....reel....reel........

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
I do too, but like it or not (and I don't) EA is the only game in town when it comes to NZAA football and as long as I continue to love college football (which will be forever) I guess I'll just have to settle for it. I know not buying from them would probably be the best thing to do, but regardless of what it's like NZAA Football is one of my absolute favorite games so I'm kinda screwed!

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
"If during the recruiting process you promise a player that he will start as a freshman and you don't start him, he's going to transfer," Boyd says.
UH-OH! Sounds like Tubberville will suck at this game! ;)

bamapride79

All-SEC
Aug 10, 2003
It will be interesting to see how this game turns out. I'll be very suprised if it's much different than what we've seen before.

DiamondFrog

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 4, 2007
"If during the recruiting process you promise a player that he will start as a freshman and you don't start him, he's going to transfer," Boyd says.
They already have that in MVP Baseball. Why the hell couldn't they put in their franchise game?

SoldierForTide

All-American
Sep 28, 2006
Atlanta
What I hate the most is, they bring in an idea, then the next year it's useless.

2006, the crowd was a big part of the game. Then 2007, you can still pump up the crowd, but for what? I don't get why they can incorporate some of the good from NCAA and Madden and put them in BOTH games.

I feel like I've bought the same game over and over and over, just with a few new tackling animations and the same commentary as the year prior.

jeremy

Suspended
Nov 22, 2004
Alabama
Maybe EA is finally beginning to realize they actually need to do some work in order to put out a quality product and not just a slightly better version of the previous year's game, at least one can hope!
I wish I could agree with you. I dont think that will ever be the case. This just happens to be one of the things they are changing this time. They know they have to change something to persuade you to by the new version year after year. I wouldnt be surprised if they already had a list of ideas that they are intentionally holding back for future versions of the game. They know if they add a bunch of features all at once that people will start expecting them to do some actual work for every new version.

Honestly, after buying ncaa football 07 for the 360, this new version better be awesome. Every missing feature from 07 better be in 08. They better add the expansion on bryant denny too. They are gonna have to do some actual work to get my money this year.

I wish I could agree with you. I dont think that will ever be the case. This just happens to be one of the things they are changing this time. They know they have to change something to persuade you to by the new version year after year. I wouldnt be surprised if they already had a list of ideas that they are intentionally holding back for future versions of the game. They know if they add a bunch of features all at once that people will start expecting them to do some actual work for every new version.

Honestly, after buying ncaa football 07 for the 360, this new version better be awesome. Every missing feature from 07 better be in 08. They better add the expansion on bryant denny too. They are gonna have to do some actual work to get my money this year.
When '07 came out, they were still in the inital stages of the next-generation console. The '08 football games will really be the first to get a full set of features.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
When '07 came out, they were still in the inital stages of the next-generation console. The '08 football games will really be the first to get a full set of features.
I agree. I'm holding out hope that they're really going to put together a good all-around game this year to make up for last year's mistakes. I enjoyed playing 07, still do in fact, but it was missing an awful lot of stuff.

BamaJeff

Hall of Fame
Oct 12, 1999
Dothan, AL.
I hope this is true. Madden 07 (360) is horrible! I'm hoping for a better game with both NCAA and Madden.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
I hope this is true. Madden 07 (360) is horrible! I'm hoping for a better game with both NCAA and Madden.
I have to agree, I bought Madden 07 and played it for like two days. It hasn't been in my console since. I still enjoy playing NCAA 07 however, but I'm really hoping that 08 will blow it away because it could use an upgrade.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
I have to agree, I bought Madden 07 and played it for like two days. It hasn't been in my console since. I still enjoy playing NCAA 07 however, but I'm really hoping that 08 will blow it away because it could use an upgrade.
I think 08 will be better. The games haven't changed much in the past few years, but I'm hoping that they get a little more depth with recruiting and player development. I may be mistaken, but it seems that on-field performance does not always mean that a guy will get a good ratings boost.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
I think 08 will be better. The games haven't changed much in the past few years, but I'm hoping that they get a little more depth with recruiting and player development. I may be mistaken, but it seems that on-field performance does not always mean that a guy will get a good ratings boost.
I'm just hoping it's not basically the same game with just a few subtle changes and upgrades here or there, which seems to be EA's idea of a new game. If they add everything that was missing from last year plus some new things, and if they truly revamp the recruiting and make some performance tweaks then I guess I'll probably be pretty happy with it. I'm still going to get it regardless.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.