Republican-Conservative Catch All Thread

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Just trying to start a thread where Republicans can actually post opinions and not get smashed like a Hillary team members Blackberry.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i saw yesterday that they are desperately trying to re-investigate hillary's and other state department employees emails. that should give y'all something to talk about.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Just trying to start a thread where Republicans can actually post opinions and not get smashed like a Hillary team members Blackberry.
In the spirit of fair play, I will make every attempt to keep my comments respectful. I would like to hear your assessment as to why you support Trump, and do you believe he is honest and not guilty of violating the emoluments clause in the Constitution?

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
There would not have been so many snarky responses pre-Trump. This board was pretty nice to republicans before they elected Trump (who is not even a conservative).
the problem with this board is that we all like facts, reason and logic. The GOP cannot handle any of the three. So their ideas are brought up here, shown as ludicrous and then we move on. This makes us "libtards" in an echo chamber

sigh

bring me a fact based argument and I will treat you well. Spew stupid, easy to destroy conspiracies and get destroyed for it.

Can y'all even try? It used to be fun. But with Trump it is just so easy, just lie after lie, crazy false worldview after crazy false worldview

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

1) Donald Trump was not/is not/has never been a conservative in ANY way.

I don't think he knows or even cares about his SCOTUS appointments except about how they affect HIM and his deviousness.

2) If a person says he or she is a "conservative" and is a Trump SUPPORTER (as opposed to a "Trump voter because Hillary is the alternative").......then that person is NOT a conservative no matter how much they want to impose their own litmus test on everyone else.

3) The Republican Party BEGAN by being afraid that Trump would run as a third party candidate - and has been too cowardly to do anything ever since.

The GOP COULD have nipped this in the bud at the outset. "No, you have no years of service to the party, you're not going to be on the ballot." But he threatened them and like the little cowards they truly are, they cowered in fear with, "This guy is so vindictive that he'll run against us and lose us enough votes to get Hillary elected." So having faith in the electorate (dumb as well as cowardly)......they made him sign that pledge to support the nominee.

Why in the hell would you trust a guy to do what he says when he's cheated on both of his wives?????? (GOP reps used to understand this logic when it was a Democrat named Clinton).

Why would you think a guy who never spends HIS OWN money would run as a third party candidate?

Then he won, they sort of accepted the idea that "the will of the people" and all those cliches you learned in civics class.

4) To paraphrase GOP consultant Ed Rollins - who ran Reagan's 84 campaign and then opted to run Perot's 92 campaign (to his ultimate regret):

"If Donald Trump is the Republican Party, it's a party I never would have joined in the first place."

5) The willingness to compromise principles in the name of Trump led to the loss of the Senate seat in Alabama thanks to the candidacy of Roy Moore.

Put yourself in any non-Republican's shoes. Doesn't have to be a Democrat, just an Independent.

You watch the 2016 race and see all the insane crap that Trump does and gets away with......and you start to wonder, "Are there ANY limits here?"

And then the party that sorta is assuring you off the record that, "Well, we gotta get through this yadda yadda"......and then they nominate Roy Moore.

Even if the argument is, "But the pedophile accusations were sat on by the Post until they were sure they could take him out" - and I agree with that but - the REAL question isn't what the press did,
it's, "Why in the world would folks send a guy to Washington who TWICE was removed as judge?"

============================================

In 1991, President Bush 41 did two things that would never happen in today's GOP:
a) he sued the guy who made the Willie Horton commercial in order to stop him from running ads attacking the Democrats (including Chairman Biden) on the Judiciary Cmte ahead of the Clarence Thomas hearings
b) he delivered a loud denunciation of the candidacy of Republican candidate (and former Klan Grand Wizard) David Duke in Louisiana, endorsing Edwin Edwards (himself a crook)

(Note: Bush had also endorsed Duke's opponent in the 1989 House race that occurred about a month after Bush took office).

=============================================

Furthermore, both Trump AND Rudy Giuliani are the stereotype of what SOUTHERNERS hate about New Yorkers - but all of a sudden it's, "whoo boy, they really told them off."

Last week, I caught the Rudy "let me shoot my mouth off and show what a damn fool I am" on Twitter - and I immediately knew (and advocated) Trump's removal from office. I've been more than fair here. Impeachment and removal - like war (which Trump is now insinuating) - are a last resort when all other options have failed. For my principled stand, I've discovered yet again:

a) my right friends think I'm some sort of traitor to some cause I never pledged in the first place, meaning they never knew me at all
b) my left friends are shocked to find I'm actually principled, which tells me they never knew me in the first place, either.

The President. Of the United States. Asked. A Foreign Government. To Dig Up Dirt. On. A. Political Opponent.

The GOP of Goldwater, Bush, Dole, Dirksen, Reagan, Danforth, and many others would never have let this get to this point.

I'm not 100% certain that the GOP of Gingrich 1989-1998 would have, either (though I have less faith in them).

Since the above is true, it wasn't me who left them; it was them who left me.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
the problem with this board is that we all like facts, reason and logic. The GOP cannot handle any of the three. So their ideas are brought up here, shown as ludicrous and then we move on. This makes us "libtards" in an echo chamber

sigh

bring me a fact based argument and I will treat you well. Spew stupid, easy to destroy conspiracies and get destroyed for it.

Can y'all even try? It used to be fun. But with Trump it is just so easy, just lie after lie, crazy false worldview after crazy false worldview
the marketplace of ideas can be a cruel mistress.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.