Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
you know his boss is now only taking questions from far right media? Three press sessions in a row and he is only taking questions from Breitbart and other right wing flag bearers. What a wimp this strong leader is
jim hoft, the stupidest man on the internet, has wh press credentials

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
you know his boss is now only taking questions from far right media? Three press sessions in a row and he is only taking questions from Breitbart and other right wing flag bearers. What a wimp this strong leader is
He promised us winning. He can't win if he has to answer questions from people not in his pocket.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
In reality....liberals would be perfectly OK if all questions came solely from liberal media.

Just as conservatives would be perfectly OK if all questions came from conservative media.

The article I linked shows that ALL factions are now being represented.....liberal....conservative....but more importantly....those who have traditionally been disenfranchised....regardless of their political leanings.

This is refreshing and is why Trump was so popular - he is changing the politically poisoned culture in Washington little by little....

From the article:

QUOTE:

Who Gets Called On First

In the past, White House press secretaries tended to prioritize the reporters sitting in the first two rows.

They would give the first question to The Associated Press (after decades of starting with Helen Thomas, long known as the dean of the White House press corps). Then it was on to the major networks, newspapers and other wire services.

Mr. Spicer has bypassed this convention.

As he goes around the room, Mr. Spicer typically calls on media organizations outside the mainstream before getting to more traditional news outlets.

“There are voices and issues that the mainstream media sometimes doesn’t capture, and it’s important for those issues to get as much prominence as some of the mainstream ones,”

END QUOTE

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Did any of you click on the link I provided and actually read the whole article?
no, but I've watched Spicey enough to know how he operates. Takes a few softballs from Breitbart and the other sycophants on the right and then lies to real journalists and gets agitated. Might be refreshing to you to see your people finally getting acknowledged, to me it just shows more and more how chicken.... this entire administration is and how much they can't handle the real world.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
no, but I've watched Spicey enough to know how he operates. Takes a few softballs from Breitbart and the other sycophants on the right and then lies to real journalists and gets agitated. Might be refreshing to you to see your people finally getting acknowledged, to me it just shows more and more how chicken.... this entire administration is and how much they can't handle the real world.
i'm still trying to wrap my head around the concept that brietbart has somehow been "disenfranchised"

its hard out there for white nationalists

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Trump enlarged the media area for press briefings so more media could have access plus they are now utilizing Skype.

Regardless of who is called upon to ask questions - he's made the event more inclusive.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Trump enlarged the media area for press briefings so more media could have access plus they are now utilizing Skype.

Regardless of who is called upon to ask questions - he's made the event more inclusive.
LOL, he adds more favorable people to the room and then only takes questions from them, this is being more inclusive

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

LOL! Were you watching today to hear "I want to find a friendly reporter?"

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Did any of you click on the link I provided and actually read the whole article?
Click? Read? Who the heck do you think we are?:eek: I have no problem with other news groups being called on. I kinda like the Skype setup.

Does seem like Trump and Spicer tend to avoid people that might ask hard questions.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Who has he not taken questions from?
CNN. New York Times. Reuters. ABC News. From the picture in your link.

Is it true that your cattle dogs got to ask a question on Skype?:)

Today, at his new conference, Trump called on CNN several times.

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Click? Read? Who the heck do you think we are?:eek: I have no problem with other news groups being called on. I kinda like the Skype setup.

Does seem like Trump and Spicer tend to avoid people that might ask hard questions.
CNN. New York Times. Reuters. ABC News. From the picture in your link.

Is it true that your cattle dogs got to ask a question on Skype?:)

Today, at his new conference, Trump called on CNN several times.
At the bottom of that article there is a chart comparing the first 3 briefings of Gibbs in 2009 and Spicer in 2017 - and which media was called on for questions. In the Gibbs 3 briefings the usual big ones were called on for all 3 times....but for Spicer, there was much more variety for all 3.

In fact, the second briefing by Spicer included 2 of the 4 you pointed out: Reuters and ABC News.

Today Trump himself came out for some 75 minutes and took questions from a lot (I think it was reported 17 different media organizations) and whether or not you agree with how he answered those questions - he made himself available - so there's that.

And as I have said before - I'm not on board with some of the ways Trump is handling himself. For example....IMHO, he appears to be way too thin-skinned and needs to knock off the talk about Hillary, electoral college, previous administrations, etc. etc. The election is over...he won...move on.

And one more thing. There are some media people who don't like the man and never will like the man and for the next 4 years I don't expect them to do anything but try to discredit the man.

He really needs to just ignore those types. I really don't know if he can, but I have no problem waiting to see if he can.

And regarding the girls using Skype to ask the president questions....they were too busy watching re-runs of their favorite show from down under....

:)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.