Alabama could do something never done before this season

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Go 15-0 and win NC. I did a google search and 14-0 was best back in BCS era. Since CFP, and,another game, it appears all title winners had a loss. Toss in a SEC Championship and a Heisman, it would be icing on the cake. Wonder what the odds of it happening are? I like our chances right now, just need to stay healthy and I think we could pull it off.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
You nailed it...staying healthy is the key. We have the talent, the scheme and the team unity to pull it off. The only team I see that can hang with us for a whole game is CU. KB leaving really improved their team unity...

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
You nailed it...staying healthy is the key. We have the talent, the scheme and the team unity to pull it off. The only team I see that can hang with us for a whole game is CU. KB leaving really improved their team unity...
If the CFP polls stay as is Clemson beats ND we kill Michigan and we meet Clemson once again. With Tua we can out score them for sure.

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
Well, there's a whole bunch of football still to play (by your count, up to 5 more games). I think we still have to play the game this week, don't we? Or are we going to be crowned national champion mid season? :0)

Every year in November a bunch of strange things happen as teams have injuries, teams figure out other team's weaknesses, and balls bounce funny sometimes. I'll count the wins after they happen. All I can say, is whatever everyone thinks WILL happen, WILL NOT happen exactly the way everyone expects.

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
Very possible that we could have two 14-0 teams in the championship game.
I'd say it's more than very possible and in fact very likely. #1 Bama (14-0) vs. #2 Clemson (14-0) for the national title at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, CA. Outdoor venue on January 7 in Northern California could mean some interesting weather conditions . . .

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I'd say it's more than very possible and in fact very likely. #1 Bama (14-0) vs. #2 Clemson (14-0) for the national title at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, CA. Outdoor venue on January 7 in Northern California could mean some interesting weather conditions . . .
Good thing our kicking game sucks already.......cross winds might actually help

Speaking of Santa Clara, that has to be the WORST venues for a game of this magnitude.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I don`t know about everybody else but for purely selfish reasons, I wouldn`t mind somebody knocking off Clemson. Can`t imagine who that would be....

saturdaysarebet

3rd Team
Jul 26, 2018
Go 15-0 and win NC. I did a google search and 14-0 was best back in BCS era. Since CFP, and,another game, it appears all title winners had a loss. Toss in a SEC Championship and a Heisman, it would be icing on the cake. Wonder what the odds of it happening are? I like our chances right now, just need to stay healthy and I think we could pull it off.
Alabama will be the first team to do it, till we do it again next year as well.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Well, there's a whole bunch of football still to play (by your count, up to 5 more games). I think we still have to play the game this week, don't we? Or are we going to be crowned national champion mid season? :0)

Every year in November a bunch of strange things happen as teams have injuries, teams figure out other team's weaknesses, and balls bounce funny sometimes. I'll count the wins after they happen. All I can say, is whatever everyone thinks WILL happen, WILL NOT happen exactly the way everyone expects.
I get that, just saying so far no one in this CFP has gone 15-0 so it is still a possibility to be the first to do so. That was all I was saying, I get we still have to win em all.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Bit of a teaser title you have there :)
I know but I could not get to the point in that one line. I know teasers are taboo, sorry if I broke the rule. Just trying to say this could be a season of more than a few firsts.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I know but I could not get to the point in that one line. I know teasers are taboo, sorry if I broke the rule. Just trying to say this could be a season of more than a few firsts.
It's teaser-lite -- but it passes the smell test with me.... ;)

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
Speaking of Santa Clara, that has to be the WORST venues for a game of this magnitude.
I agree. The folks who run the playoff seem to want to incorporate NFL venues along with the typical bowl game sites, plus they want to move it around the country so they don't get accused of regional bias. But for a January game, they ought to consider indoor venues only, other than perhaps in Miami and Southern California where it never gets cold; even Tampa a couple of years ago was pretty raw. Here's a rundown of the Championship and semi-final sites for the next several years:

2018 season - Santa Clara, CA (semis in Dallas and Miami)
2019 season - New Orleans (semis in Arizona and Atlanta)
2020 season - Miami (semis in Pasadena and New Orleans)
2021 season - Indianapolis (semis in Dallas and Miami)
2022 season - Los Angeles (semis in Arizona and Atlanta)
2023 season - Houston (semis in Pasadena and New Orleans)

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
National Title should be played in a LARGE stadium indoors so weather is not an issue. If NFL is so big and such a money maker why are the stadiums so small in seating capacity? Bama should never play a NC game in a stadium with less than 100,000 seats. I mean we got fans who want to see the game live so why limit seating? The largest capacity stadiums are all college venues. We should play in those, and only in ones that the teams who own them never get to NC LOL. I think Tenn Mich etc would be good places, not like they will see a NC anytime soon LOL

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.