Bracketology - Big Dance Predictions - Thread

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Alabama is not in right now. Lunardi must be counting on a few wins in the SEC Tournament. Nothing else makes sense.
All of the bracketologists do their bracket “as if the season ended today”, not their prediction. About 95% of the bracketologists still have Alabama in the bracket today. Jerry Palm still has them as one of the last four byes (avoiding one of the play in games)

You have to remember that this is literally the worst bubble in recent memory. TCU is 6-11 in conference play right now and they are still in. Just making the tournament this year is not much of an accomplishment. But 68 teams have to make it. Somebody has to be in their and Alabama’s numbers are still not horrid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
All of the bracketologists do their bracket “as if the season ended today”, not their prediction. About 95% of the bracketologists still have Alabama in the bracket today. Jerry Palm still has them as one of the last four byes (avoiding one of the play in games)

You have to remember that this is literally the worst bubble in recent memory. TCU is 6-11 in conference play right now and they are still in. Just making the tournament this year is not much of an accomplishment. But 68 teams have to make it. Somebody has to be in their and Alabama’s numbers are still not horrid.

We are one of only 4 teams that beat Kentucky. I don't know if Alabama will get in or not, but i do know one thing - if we don't get better at shooting and get better at free throws, it won't matter much anyway. And don't get me started on turnovers.....we need to work on fundamentals, a lot, it seems.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
LOL - looking around and right now Alabama and Ohio State are in. When teams this weak get into the tournament, it really shows us how much a sham it really is. It isn't about getting the best teams in any more with a field this large - it is about filling a bracket and making money.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
LOL - looking around and right now Alabama and Ohio State are in. When teams this weak get into the tournament, it really shows us how much a sham it really is. It isn't about getting the best teams in any more with a field this large - it is about filling a bracket and making money.
While that is true, I'm not complaining because there have been times Alabama was pretty deserving and didn't get invited.

RammaJamma10

1st Team
Dec 5, 2006
Harvest, AL
Based on the last Bracketology from Lunardi, and if my math is correct, we will have played 12 teams in the field (13 if Northeastern wins tonight) going 5-10 or 5-11 in those games (split with Miss St, lost both to LSU and Auburn). Amazing to think how different things could have been had we just beaten Northeastern, UCF, and Georgia St. 8-8 against tournament teams would have been a lock.

I wish I hadn't looked back at this, and then started thinking about the aTm games, LSU ending at home, UT ending... man, what might have been. We could have been sitting in the top 25, but instead we just mailed it in late in games too many times. So frustrating.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Based on the last Bracketology from Lunardi, and if my math is correct, we will have played 12 teams in the field (13 if Northeastern wins tonight) going 5-10 or 5-11 in those games (split with Miss St, lost both to LSU and Auburn). Amazing to think how different things could have been had we just beaten Northeastern, UCF, and Georgia St. 8-8 against tournament teams would have been a lock.

I wish I hadn't looked back at this, and then started thinking about the aTm games, LSU ending at home, UT ending... man, what might have been. We could have been sitting in the top 25, but instead we just mailed it in late in games too many times. So frustrating.
Feel the same way brother ... feel the same way. Interesting to see how they do in the SEC tourney

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Gonzaga going down last night takes away a bubble spot. That conference was a 1 bid league.
Ouch. Saint Mary's slowed the game down and won 60-47. Sounds like Gonzaga was ready to snooze and Saint Mary's obliged them.

Lost by 48, lost by 14, won by 13; maybe they will meet in NCAA and Saint Mary's will continue the trend and win by 40+.:smile:

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I knew we weren’t completely out of the tournament conversation, but we needed a lot of help with the way the season ended. However, the way things are falling into place, we might have a chance regardless of the result tomorrow. For those not keeping track, here is where we stood going into the day:

Last 4 In:
Florida - Beat Arkansas. This is good though. The Gators advancing only helps the strength of the conference, as well as decreases the impact of our loss to them. It most likely gets them off the bubble and into the dance.
NC State - lost to UVA, and badly. They have 22 wins, and picked up a win yesterday against Clemson. They are probably safe, but losing as badly as they did against UVA might knock them back a bit.
TCU - Lost to KSt. not a bad loss, but it didn’t solidify them as a tournament lock either.
Texas - Lost to Kansas. They were in this position due to a hot finish. However today they looked poor against a battered Jayhawks squad. Losing also knocks them to 16-16, and no .500 team is making the tourney. Stick a fork in ‘em, this brisket is done.

Last 4 Out:
Ohio State - Beat Indiana. Probably locked up a spot unless they get destroyed by Michigan State
Indiana - lost to Ohio State. Same as Texas, losing today makes them a .500 team. They are out of contention.
Clemson - Lost to NC State yesterday. For a bubble team on the outside looking in, you can’t lose day 1 of your tournament. Clemson doesn’t have a spectacular resume, so they are out of contention as well.

And that leaves us. Texas was widely considered in and they blew it. Florida likely moves up off the last 4, also opening a spot. That leaves two spots open for us and Ohio State to slide in. We aren’t out of the woods yet, and we can’t get destroyed by Kentucky. Still, the chips have fallen in our favor and that means that hope remains.

Roll Tide!

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.