2018-19 Coaching Carousel (other than Bama)...

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Re: 2018-19 Coaching Carousel

The only SEC coach who might get the hook is Barry Odom. He is 0-4 in the conference, still has @ UF @ UT and homes games against Vanderbilt and Arkansas. He could lose all 4, but even if he beats UT and Arkansas will a 2-6 finish save him? Just have to sit back and watch.

The only other SEC coach who may be feeling a little toasty is Muschamp. I think he has this year and next and, will probably be shown the door and wind up on Smart's staff at UGA.
Muschamp and Kirby on the same staff. That would be interesting. I think the sideline cameras may be more interesting than some of the games.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

There's already an article on TF about it...
What I'm saying is that I don't think he would take the job at Maryland after what they just went through in the last 24 hours. their reputation is essentially shot and no legit coach would want to take that job. Locksley would be better off seeking other job beside Maryland. I think he should wait a year... more jobs will open up.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.

Agreed, but all OakMtn said was that he'd be on their list. I think right now he is their list. Familiarity with the school, Bama pedigree and roots in the DC recruiting area, they'd be foolish not to at least consider him.
What I'm saying is that I don't think he would take the job at Maryland after what they just went through in the last 24 hours. their reputation is essentially shot and no legit coach would want to take that job. Locksley would be better off seeking other job beside Maryland. I think he should wait a year... more jobs will open up.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

Agreed, but all OakMtn said was that he'd be on their list. I think right now he is their list. Familiarity with the school, Bama pedigree and roots in the DC recruiting area, they'd be foolish not to at least consider him.
As has been said, he was passed over for the Maryland HC job a couple of years ago and wound up as an offensive analyst at Alabama. Maybe they offer him, but he would be stepping into a toxic pit right now.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

If old Les is offered and takes the job it will be for money only because, he cannot win or recruit to Kansas and certainly cannot compete with the other Big XII programs.

Pilot172000

1st Team
Sep 25, 2017
Winnsboro, LA

Kansas is that program that should have gone with a triple option Coach a decade ago. They would go to a bowl game every year but never win the conference. Ah-la Georgia Tech.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

IF I were Kansas, I would go ahead and hire Les Miles now. Let him spend time getting staff in place for next year.... Evaluate the team and try and get some juco transfer in.... Don' wait til December to hire him. Hire now.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

Anybody think Matt Campbell and Dave Aranda move on after the season and where? Read where Dave Dorean at NC State maybe interested in the Kansas job. He apparently played there and was an assistant under Mangino for a couple of years.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Re: First Head Coaching Casualty of 2018

Miles will be 65 on Saturday. He was a good coach, but I wouldn’t hire someone that age for a rebuilding project like Kansas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015

Anybody think Matt Campbell and Dave Aranda move on after the season and where? Read where Dave Dorean at NC State maybe interested in the Kansas job. He apparently played there and was an assistant under Mangino for a couple of years.
Matt Campbell will be a hot candidate. I would bet he leaves for greener pastures, especially if Iowa State keeps winning. He has a legit shot to go to the Big XII title game.

With Dave Aranda it probably depends on his mindset. He makes A LOT of money as a DC and I'd guess he's had HC opportunities before. He might just like being an elite DC with none of the pressure of being a HC.

For Doeren it seems like a big downgrade going to Kansas but you never know. Very low expectations if he thinks he can win there whereas NC State seems unsatisfied with him.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

Yeah, and since he was yet another hot candidate at UCheaT who got a raise at NC State for his "interest," could also be that the Wolfpackers are having the same kind of buyer's remorse as All Bran has for Malzahn right about now. Wait a minute, Doeren did beat FSU and the perpetually upward falling Willie Taggart by 31 Saturday, but is that enough to salve the remorse or stoke more of it?

Locks may get more than a look with the Maryland Terriblins, depending on how they finish the season. Very unlikely, but the Terribs could even call the Fridge out of retirement a la Bill Snyder until the situation gets a little, er, lot more stabilized.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Matt Campbell will be a hot candidate. I would bet he leaves for greener pastures, especially if Iowa State keeps winning. He has a legit shot to go to the Big XII title game.

With Dave Aranda it probably depends on his mindset. He makes A LOT of money as a DC and I'd guess he's had HC opportunities before. He might just like being an elite DC with none of the pressure of being a HC.

For Doeren it seems like a big downgrade going to Kansas but you never know. Very low expectations if he thinks he can win there whereas NC State seems unsatisfied with him.
I wonder if Aranda thinks Coach O won't be around much longer and is willing to bide his time for another year or two and be the front runner to replace him?

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

Don't go Les! (Unless they are going to throw a lot of money at you)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.