Was the NCG halftime show the worst ever?

Wilson Monroe

1st Team
Jul 19, 2016
The most entertaining music I ever saw at a football game was Josh Groban and Flea doing the National Anthem before Colt was broken. That was so unusual and well done.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
as much as i cannot stand popular music, he seems to have something going on as he is making a few hits.
Well, to be fair, there's been less and less correlation between artistry and hits for last few decades. And that's not just opinion, it's fact - today's popular entertainers are less musically trained than ever before.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Well, to be fair, there's been less and less correction between artistry and hits for last few decades. And that's not just opinion, it's fact - today's popular entertainers are less musically trained than ever before.
yeah, that's a large part of the reason that i don't listen to much popular music.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
There are some really good current bands out there that actually play guitars, drums, keyboards, bass, etc., and do a really good job of it. The problem is that it doesn't sell quite like this current mind-numbing thing called hip hop (and I know they aren't the same, but I neither know nor care enough to distinguish rap from hip hop). Personally, I would have put the Foo Fighters or Artic Monkeys out there, but that's just more to my music preferences.
You had me at foo fighters

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i just looked up this dude's wikipedia and he has 7 grammys.

also, this

Lamar is a Christian,[172] and originally converted following the death of a friend.[173] He has been outspoken about his Christianity, both in his music[174] and interviews.[175] He announced to an audience in the Staples Center during Kanye West's Yeezus Tour that he had been baptized in 2013.[176][175][177] Lamar has credited God for his fame and his deliverance from crime that often plagued Compton in the 1990s.[178] Lamar also believes his career is divinely inspired and that he has a greater purpose to serve mankind, saying in an interview with Complex, "I got a greater purpose, God put something in my heart to get across and that's what I'm going to focus on, using my voice as an instrument and doing what needs to be done."[179]

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Wasn't my style but to each his own.

For me, nothing will ever top Prince's SB halftime show a few years ago. Best ever IMHO. What a musician, died way too young.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Wasn't my style but to each his own.

For me, nothing will ever top Prince's SB halftime show a few years ago. Best ever IMHO. What a musician, died way too young.
prince's show was awesome. i thought springsteen's was good as well (not as good as prince's, imo). i don't think i've seen another one that i bothered paying much attention to.

Last edited:

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
prince's show was awesome. i thought springsteen's was good as well (not as good as prince's, imo). i don't think I've seen another one that i bothered paying much attention to.
Me either but I'm a huge Prince fan and watched that one live start to finish. I got to see him in concert once about 20 years ago - dude was a force of nature.

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA
There are some really good current bands out there that actually play guitars, drums, keyboards, bass, etc., and do a really good job of it. The problem is that it doesn't sell quite like this current mind-numbing thing called hip hop (and I know they aren't the same, but I neither know nor care enough to distinguish rap from hip hop). Personally, I would have put the Foo Fighters or Artic Monkeys out there, but that's just more to my music preferences.
To Tua... I bet that you look good on the dance floor...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.