**** 2019 K Will Reichard (Hoover) Commits to UA ****

BamaBoySince89

All-American
Aug 13, 2016
Harvest, AL
Re: 2019 K Will Reichard (Hoover)

As long as he can make a chip-shot for the win and we don't start calling him Will Wide-Reichard, he's good in my book

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Re: 2019 K Will Reichard (Hoover)

Technically...they could award him one star for each toe on his kicking foot, but since he's only rated as a three-star, the recruiting services must've used a logarithm that deducted not one but two stars from 'Bama's suffering from excruciating Achilles Toe last year...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
McCabe is excellent at his job. Saw him coach kickers for years at Prattville. Brian Egan (on staff with him at One on One Kicking) was a Parade All-American and would routinely have kickoffs go through the uprights. He should have played big time college football, but he didn't care about academics.

IOW, Will is getting great coaching.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
We watched this kid kick at the Spring Classic in Troy last weekend where Hoover beat Brookwood HS out of Snellville, GA. He is INCREDIBLE. Met his grandfather and talked to him for the entire second half of the game. Amazing family and this kid has one of those tear jerker stories that will be featured on Sports Center. He's been kicking like a pro since he was in 6th grade. Started the Chris Sailer camps back then. Sailer knew the moment he saw him he was special. Will and his dad had a special relationship and travelled to camps every summer together. When Will was a freshman in HS, they went to a camp in Dallas (I think that's what his grandad said). When they got home, his dad wasn't feeling well and went to the doctor. He was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer and died 8 days later. I think Will stopped kicking for a period of time but realized that his dad would want him to go on and be the best he could be. It is a heart-wrenching story. I just teared up thinking about his granddad telling us the story. He kicked off, punted and did field goals/extra points in that Spring Game and looked like a senior in college. Perfect form and every single kickoff went 10 yards in the end zone. I think his granddad said that he has only had 2-3 kickoffs that didn't go into the end zone. He is the real deal, y'all. He won't have those issues adjusting to college football from HS. Can't wait for him to get to Bama!!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
We watched this kid kick at the Spring Classic in Troy last weekend where Hoover beat Brookwood HS out of Snellville, GA. He is INCREDIBLE. Met his grandfather and talked to him for the entire second half of the game. Amazing family and this kid has one of those tear jerker stories that will be featured on Sports Center. He's been kicking like a pro since he was in 6th grade. Started the Chris Sailer camps back then. Sailer knew the moment he saw him he was special. Will and his dad had a special relationship and travelled to camps every summer together. When Will was a freshman in HS, they went to a camp in Dallas (I think that's what his grandad said). When they got home, his dad wasn't feeling well and went to the doctor. He was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer and died 8 days later. I think Will stopped kicking for a period of time but realized that his dad would want him to go on and be the best he could be. It is a heart-wrenching story. I just teared up thinking about his granddad telling us the story. He kicked off, punted and did field goals/extra points in that Spring Game and looked like a senior in college. Perfect form and every single kickoff went 10 yards in the end zone. I think his granddad said that he has only had 2-3 kickoffs that didn't go into the end zone. He is the real deal, y'all. He won't have those issues adjusting to college football from HS. Can't wait for him to get to Bama!!
Thanks for sharing that story Belle. I will be pulling for him as hard as I have pulled for anyone.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
Sounds like a special player. 73 yards is amazing. As long as we have a kicker who is accurate from 40-45 yards in, I'll be a happy camper.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.