2019 Prospect: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) commits to UGA

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Re: 2019 5* C Clay Webb (Oxford, AL) Updates

In Clay`s case, is anyone on the board close enough to his recruitment to be aware of what UGA`s selling points might be ? Does he or family have a UGA tie in ? Should a recruit of Clay`s caliber be considered as close to a " must have " as would be possible for us?

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

In Clay`s case, is anyone on the board close enough to his recruitment to be aware of what UGA`s selling points might be ? Does he or family have a UGA tie in ? Should a recruit of Clay`s caliber be considered as close to a " must have " as would be possible for us?
I think, from what I hear, playing time is being sold..... and the old “ you won’t ever start at Bama..... too many in front of you”.......

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I think, from what I hear, playing time is being sold..... and the old “ you won’t ever start at Bama..... too many in front of you”.......
Well, we will be starting a senior in Ross P and his back-up just transferred so I believe we can actually sell that more than UGA.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Webb is a great OL/athlete and a fine young man, but he is not a " must have " by any means.
The DL/LB position are more essential in this cycle. With Quick, Kight, and Bowles for 2019 along with the current studs on the roster, the OL is stacked. the perception of losing the #1 player in an important position to an out of state school is more damaging than anything else.
But he is not going to make or break this dynasty.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany

No news, rumors or myths since June. Hmmm. Which schools are still recruiting him hard enough to make everyone watching think that school believes it still has a chance of getting his commitment?

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

No news, rumors or myths since June. Hmmm. Which schools are still recruiting him hard enough to make everyone watching think that school believes it still has a chance of getting his commitment?
Clemson, UGA, Bama

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, I heard somewhere that Clemson felt really good about things. We shall see.

rtr

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany

If Clay Webb is not in Tuscaloosa this weekend, I’d say he’s not a real Alabama fan and the chances grow dim of signing him. Just can not imagine a true Alabama fan missing this game to see Clemson or Georgia play.

Last edited:

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.

He's on the list of attendees, so you can temporarily get off the ledge.... :biggrin2:
If Clay Webb is not in Tuscaloosa this weekend, I’d say he’s not a real Alabama fan and the chances grow dim of signing him. Just can not imagine a true Alabama fan missing this game to see Clemson or Georgia play.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Someone must be pumping a lot of sunshine for him to consider the other teams, considering he is a Bama fan.......
Agree. I`ve always said that I`d love to observe how the staff goes about the entire recruit evaluation and recruitment process. I think it would be just as fascinating to observe how other teams recruit against us, particularly with recruits who are known or highly suspected Bama leans.

Highway59

1st Team
Jan 29, 2009
In Alabama off "highway59"

Agree. I`ve always said that I`d love to observe how the staff goes about the entire recruit evaluation and recruitment process. I think it would be just as fascinating to observe how other teams recruit against us, particularly with recruits who are known or highly suspected Bama leans.
Pretty much something along this line.....:rolleyes:

BearFan

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 26, 2016
Tulsa, OK

He's on the list of attendees, so you can temporarily get off the ledge.... :biggrin2:
If he is a true Bama fan, hopefully he has already given assurances to our coaches. If no assurances have been given, I don’t understand why he would cause our coaches to expend much unnecessary energy to continue to recruit him. If I were him, and I planned all along to accept a Bama offer, I would want the coaches spending their time recruiting other great teammates for me.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.