Alabama's 2013 schedule finalized

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I like the schedule. A week off before the circled game against the Ags, and a week off before LSU.

Potential trap game against Tennessee, IF Bielema is able to institute his physical style of play that quickly in an Arkansas squad originally recruited for an entirely different philosophy. If so, we'd have a chance of being beat up at the end of a seven-game stretch.

If AJ returns, the main question will be replacing three all-star OL. If he doesn't, it's probably not going to be a championship year anyway.
We've got no business playing Ga State or UTC. That's terrible. I wish they'd do away with the 12th game if that is what we get. Oh well. I guess we have to wait for the new selection committee to kick in and start looking at strength of schedule before those games go away.
The last few years we've scheduled one of these teams before Auburn. It basically gives us an off week with a scrimmage.

I imagine this year we were already making some preparations for Georgia that week because the Barn was also like a scrimmage.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
We've got no business playing Ga State or UTC. That's terrible. I wish they'd do away with the 12th game if that is what we get. Oh well. I guess we have to wait for the new selection committee to kick in and start looking at strength of schedule before those games go away.
I understand what you're saying, but its hard to schedule better quality teams because they want a home & home.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
It would be nice to have the first off week after a few games, but all in all it looks like a favorable schedule to make a run a back to back to bacxk titles.:)

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
And why couldn't we have done a home and home with Virginia Tech if we were just going to play them twice in Atlanta anyway?
Atlanta is better for recruiting then Blacksburg.

Saban has said multiple times he likes these games in neutral locations as they're high profile and typically in areas that we want a recruiting benefit...

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
The last few years we've scheduled one of these teams before Auburn. It basically gives us an off week with a scrimmage.

I imagine this year we were already making some preparations for Georgia that week because the Barn was also like a scrimmage.
Which is fine, but people don't need to come on here and complain when there are empty seats at these games.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I really think we will not be challenged until the SEC championship and heres why.

Va Tech isnt as good as they had hoped to be by this time.

TXS A&M will lose key people on the offensive line along with swope (i think)

LSU will be losing big play makers in Mingo and Montgomery along with a few recievers.

Our defense will be way more experienced.

I know Johnny Football is coming back but if people would look closer it wasnt all him doing it. I think they are in trouble if they cant fix that line and fix it quick.

I think LSU will be the biggest fight in the regular season but UF/UGA is the only team I think really poses the biggest and most forseeable threat to a title run outside of big injuries.

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
I know Johnny Football is coming back but if people would look closer it wasnt all him doing it. I think they are in trouble if they cant fix that line and fix it quick.
The difference is that we have to go to College Station...not the easiest place to play. I think that will be the toughest non-LSU game next year. Though I do think that Ole Miss could be sneaky difficult next year.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
The difference is that we have to go to College Station...not the easiest place to play. I think that will be the toughest non-LSU game next year. Though I do think that Ole Miss could be sneaky difficult next year.
1. Probably the toughest on our schedule next year, but we seem to handle these big away games pretty well with CNS
2. I like the fact that we'll have the "revenge" factor in play
3. Our defense should be loaded for bear next year!!!

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
1. Probably the toughest on our schedule next year, but we seem to handle these big away games pretty well with CNS
Yeah...when was the last time that a Saban coached team lost to anyone twice in a row?

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
It's a favorable schedule to be sure with 2 main games that stand out... but we are losing our two best/experienced DB's in Lester and Milliner. The rest of the secondary has been shaky as all get out this year plus two new guys will be thrown in.

Because of that I expect the A&M game is a definite loss unless for some reason Manziel can't take the field that day. The LSU game will be a toss-up like usual.

So I would say we are looking at 11-1 or 10-2. The good news is that the A&M loss would be VERY early and on the road so if it's a close loss it would be forgivable at the end of the year with no more than 1 Undefeated team out there.

I would certainly take 12-0 all day long....I just don't think you can prepare for or handle Johnny Football.....especially that early in the season with a YOUNG defense. He ad libs plays for 10-20 secs and you just can't maintain coverage for that long....The kid is crazy good.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I am wondering how you think our defense will be loaded next season. We lose Jesse Williams, Damion Square, and Quinton Dial from the d-line; Nico Johnson for sure from the linebacker unit; and Robert Lester for sure from the defensive backfield. I would think that both C.J. Mosley and Dee Milliner will be leaving early. That is a lot of experience and ability. I am sure that we have younger guys with ability, but losing that much experience will hurt. It is like comparing this year's defense with last year's defense. While the stats are similar, last year's defense was quite a bit better.

I think we will always be good as long as Saban is here, but I worry about who we lose on defense next year and who we lose on the offensive line. Losing that much on both lines doesn't usually bode well in the SEC when it comes to making championship runs. The good thing is, though, that we never know until we play them on the field.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.