Jan 25, 2009
Birmingham AL
Jay G. TateFirst Round Draft Pick
Post #3289
Montgomery, Ala.

MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore **Trooper Taylor officially out Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He will not be a part of Gus Malzahn's staff. Was released earlier this morning.

Scarbinsky (on radio) also saying no former assistants to be retained.

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011
Jay G. TateFirst Round Draft Pick
Post #3289
Montgomery, Ala.

MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore **Trooper Taylor officially out Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He will not be a part of Gus Malzahn's staff. Was released earlier this morning.

Scarbinsky (on radio) also saying no former assistants to be retained.
Where in the athletic department will he work?

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I'm surprised. Impressed and surprised.

Hope this isn't the first step toward the thorough housecleaning that program so desperately needs....I kind of like the way it's been.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
So, basically, Gus has already done more in three days than cheese whiz did in four years.

IBUY

1st Team
Jan 9, 2007
Word is Malzhan wants to speak with Aubie later this morning and has the mascot sweating bullets. :)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
He hasn't retained a single assistant from the previous regime. Amazing when you consider he worked along side most of them for years. I read he wanted to interview Tracy Rocker to see if he would come back.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
He hasn't retained a single assistant from the previous regime. Amazing when you consider he worked along side most of them for years. I read he wanted to interview Tracy Rocker to see if he would come back.
I read that too. Rocker is off his, well, Rocker, if he goes back there...

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
Doesn't mean he won't still get paid by Auburn though...

Lots of hush money salaries and buyouts in that place.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I read that too. Rocker is off his, well, Rocker, if he goes back there...
Yeah I told an Auburn co-worker I didn't get why he would leave the NFL for the same position at Auburn. Hasn't he traveled from NFL to college and back numerous times?

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Disappointing. Malzahn is sounding somewhat competent so far.
it's all a show

the guys behind the curtain know that people have a clue so they do this and everyone says "wow they are really cleaning house". They aren't Gus is just a much of a puppet to them as Chiz was. A more competent Puppet? Sure, that's not hard to be. I'd also put money on them using this house cleaning as a NCAA deflection strategy.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
it's all a show

the guys behind the curtain know that people have a clue so they do this and everyone says "wow they are really cleaning house". They aren't Gus is just a much of a puppet to them as Chiz was. A more competent Puppet? Sure, that's not hard to be. I'd also put money on them using this house cleaning as a NCAA deflection strategy.
That's a good point about the ncaa.

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
We'll see for sure, but I have a gut feeling that Malzahn will be more successful than many here are admit, assuming he's not reigned in by the Board and it's friends.

Now how he gets to be successful will be the rub, and for how long he is the coach will be anyone's guess. I do feel like he'll be the next Petrino in that Auburn will be a strong 3rd in the division, occasionally working into second place.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Perhaps getting rid of the entire staff is a way to lessen what the NCAA has in store for them.. Maybe the boogs are throwing the NCAA a preverbial bone.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
We'll see for sure, but I have a gut feeling that Malzahn will be more successful than many here are admit, assuming he's not reigned in by the Board and it's friends.

Now how he gets to be successful will be the rub, and for how long he is the coach will be anyone's guess. I do feel like he'll be the next Petrino in that Auburn will be a strong 3rd in the division, occasionally working into second place.
I actually agree with you. Gus does seem to be a better game day coach than Chiz, again that ain't hard. What is yet to be known is if he can recruit and develop players. I see gus making them competitive, a 7-8 win team that occasionally steals a big game or two. In other words he'll take them back to the Tubbervile days. Of course that means that the boosters and pupetmasters will have to resort to the same old aub tricks (assuming the ncaa doesn't hammer them on the current stuff) as what we know to be their rightful place won't be good enough for them.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.