Remaining Recruits

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Looks like Sopsher is trending towards LSU on recent CB predictions. I do see a FSU insider predict a flip to Bama from the Noles for Fuller.
We`ll be just fine with Young, and any one of Fuller, Sorrels or Sopsher. IMO, if Young were to flip, we`d need two of the three, a tall order.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
I think we are trending with Young, Sophie, and Fuller at the moment.

Bogle went to Miami this weekend so that’s cloudy.

Robinson still expected with bama

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
From BamaHammer

FULLER AND SORRELLS-
Three players did make official visits to Tuscaloosa. Two of them were 4-Star defensive linemen, Quashon Fuller and Jaquase Sorrells. Fuller’s tweets after the visit indicated the Crimson Tide has a strong chance to flip him from FSU. The rumored problem with Fuller is his mother is a huge fan of FSU head coach, Willie Taggart. Other rumors are Sorrells may have problems qualifying academically.

The good news is there is widespread belief among recruiting experts that 4-Star defensive lineman, Byron Young will honor his commitment and sign with the Tide. The Alabama football staff wants Young and one more d-lineman and throughout the recruiting cycle, the priority has been Ishmael Sopsher.
EALY AND ROBINSON-
The highest profile official visitor in Tuscaloosa last weekend was 5-Star, RB, Jerrion Ealy. Insiders say the visit went very well and the Tide is now a real threat to get Ealy. Tide RB commit, Keilan Robinson visited USC last weekend but insiders are confident Robinson will stick with the Tide.
SOPSHER AND YOUNG-
The good news is there is widespread belief among recruiting experts that 4-Star defensive lineman, Byron Young will honor his commitment and sign with the Tide. The Alabama football staff wants Young and one more d-lineman and throughout the recruiting cycle, the priority has been Ishmael Sopsher.

Sopsher was a 5-Star until his rating dropped to a 4-Star after some lackluster All-Star game work. Coming from Amite, LA, Sopsher has been one of the cornerstone prospects for LSU. He spent the past weekend in Baton Rouge and LSU insiders are confident. So are Alabama football insiders and the buzz from Sunday night is big ‘Ish’ has decided to leave Cajun Country for T-Town.

Last edited:

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Defensive linemen and an inside linebacker would be the absolute icing on this amazing cake we have brought in. To'oto'o would be a big get, imo.

rtr

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
I was going to post information on each of the prospect's respective thread, but to save time , I will post all the information on this thread . this is the latest over the weekend.

Young took his OV at LSU. their mods stated that Young is all Bama.
Sopsher took his OV at LSU. their mods indicated that his behavior was " strange" throughout the weekend. after the OV, LSU mods attempted to contact Sopsher , but he had his phone turned off. furthermore it is well known his father is a big Bama lean ( he played HS football with Bama staff Petino, both are very close and great friends to this day. Petino is a Amite, La native). their is optimism on LSU side that O and staff did all they could do to sway him. is it enough? I believe Sopsher has been Bama to lose since the beginning and nothing on his OV leads to believe that has changed. the whole brother drama was to drummed up an SEC scholarship which Bama did not bite ( see Trey Sanders situation).

Fuller took his OV at Bama. from all indications, he had an awesome time and quite possibly a flip could take place. I do believe Bama would like to take 3 DL in this class depending on the Ealy and Siether outcome. for the record, I would love for all 3 to be in this class. we can't have enough DL depth!

Bogle took his OV at Miami for the 2nd time. this one could go either way. his mother gave an insightful interview awhile back that leads me to think that she wants her son to be at Alabama where she stated Bogle's potential can be maximize under the watchful eye of CNS.

Ealy took his OV at Bama. from what I gathered , Bama did a great job of closing the gap with Clemson and gave him pause to considered not only Alabama , but the MLB in particular. getting Ealy would just be a luxury at this point. the MLB might be too much to overcome for both teams in the end.

Henry To'oto'o hosted numerous coaches at his home last week. Tennessee is out per their mods . they thought they were heavily involved at one point, but after the OV at Bama , optimism faded slowly . the race now is between Bama and Washington. the Huskie site has been low key with any information on HT, but most of the main West Coast mods including Bama's own mods believe Bama is the team to beat in the end. FWIW, his parents are on board with him going across the country to play football in Tuscaloosa. I personally believe that the early playing time, a need at ILB, and the Polynesian factor have been key to HT leaning to Bama down the stretch.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
I was going to post information on each of the prospect's respective thread, but to save time , I will post all the information on this thread . this is the latest over the weekend.

Sopsher took his OV at LSU. their mods indicated that his behavior was " strange" throughout the weekend. after the OV, LSU mods attempted to contact Sopsher , but he had his phone turned off. furthermore it is well known his father is a big Bama lean ( he played HS football with Bama staff Petino, both are very close and great friends to this day. Petino is a Amite, La native). their is optimism on LSU side that O and staff did all they could do to sway him. is it enough? I believe Sopsher has been Bama to lose since the beginning and nothing on his OV leads to believe that has changed. the whole brother drama was to drummed up an SEC scholarship which Bama did not bite ( see Trey Sanders situation).

Fuller took his OV at Bama. from all indications, he had an awesome time and quite possibly a flip could take place. I do believe Bama would like to take 3 DL in this class depending on the Ealy and Siether outcome. for the record, I would love for all 3 to be in this class. we can't have enough DL depth!

Bogle took his OV at Miami for the 2nd time. this one could go either way. his mother gave an insightful interview awhile back that leads me to think that she wants her son to be at Alabama where she stated Bogle's potential can be maximize under the watchful eye of CNS.

Ealy took his OV at Bama. from what I gathered , Bama did a great job of closing the gap with Clemson and gave him pause to considered not only Alabama , but the MLB in particular. getting Ealy would just be a luxury at this point. the MLB might be too much to overcome for both teams in the end.

Henry To'oto'o hosted numerous coaches at his home last week. Tennessee is out per their mods . they thought they were heavily involved at one point, but after the OV at Bama , optimism faded slowly . the race now is between Bama and Washington. the Huskie site has been low key with any information on HT, but most of the main West Coast mods including Bama's own mods believe Bama is the team to beat in the end. FWIW, his parents are on board with him going across the country to play football in Tuscaloosa. I personally believe that the early playing time, a need at ILB, and the Polynesian factor have been key to HT leaning to Bama down the stretch.
Thanks for the updates any news on the tight end Seither? And does it look like Robinson will stick?

Last edited:

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL

I know recently there has been some worry about Young wavering on his commitment even though he said early on he wanted to take his offical visits, but now I'm wondering if they're was a plan in place to have a Bama guy at LSU the weekend Ish was scheduled for his official visit.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

Good info

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
you are welcome. Seither cancelled his OV at Penn St. It will come down to Bama/ Uga . could go either way. if he doesn't chose Bama, it could open up for Fuller or another DL.
Robinson will be in Crimson on NSD.
Kyriq McDonald and Scott Meyer entering the Transfer Portal seems to open up some wiggle room right on time.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.