Kenny Bell's injury - vs. GA ?

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Re: How bad does Kenny Bell's injury hurt?

It will hurt some for sure. Bell was a VERY SOLID WR. Now we are one injury away from really hurting in the WR corps and absolutely depleting our passing game.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR

I imagine breaking your leg hurts a lot. I'm sure he's getting good painkillers. :D

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture

not a deal breaker but it does hurt. he's probably that one guy who has the acceleration to get around a defender even if he has an angle. wouldnt surprise me if he's leading our team in yards per catch.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

How bad does Kenny Bell's injury hurt us against UGA, ND? He's got a broken leg - out 5-6 weeks.
Doesn't help. That's three definitely out - Black, White and Bell. The others have been nicked up from time to time. The good news is that it's our deepest position. Shinn and a couple of the young guys will just have to step up...

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton

Doesn't help. That's three definitely out - Black, White and Bell. The others have been nicked up from time to time. The good news is that it's our deepest position. Shinn and a couple of the young guys will just have to step up...
I think Norwood stepping up this week showed that he's back and ready to take a large role again.

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.

I think it really hurts. Bell is a WR that you have to respect. He has excellent speed and stretches the field. He had the top average yards per catch on the team going into the All-Barn game. I would assume that's still the case.

With DeAndrew White and Chris Black already out, we need Kenny Bell IMO.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton

I think it really hurts. Bell is a WR that you have to respect. He has excellent speed and stretches the field. He had the top average yards per catch on the team going into the All-Barn game. I would assume that's still the case.

He's 5th in number of receptions, 1st in yards per, he's a threat that we'll miss, but our offense doesn't rely on his presence.

TrueGritnPluck

Suspended
Nov 21, 2011

Or maybe someone will decide we have to try a power run - play action game attack...........................

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
How bad does Kenny Bell's injury hurt?

Shinn has played well. Norwood has done well, too. This could be Cyrus Jones' moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Or maybe someone will decide we have to try a power run - play action game attack...........................
Uh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.

TrueGritnPluck

Suspended
Nov 21, 2011

Uh?

Rely on the OL and the run game??

UH! Uh!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Rely on the OL and the run game??

UH! Uh!
Because Alabama hasn't done that the last two weeks, right? Georgia has a stout front 7. Bama will have to pass to open up the run.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002

This!

RogueElephant

All-American
Mar 15, 2007
Los Angeles

I totally agree the loss of Bell is going to hurt us. Defensive secondaries have to worry about Bell, Cooper, Norwood and Williams at TE. Now without Bell we will need someone to step up and take his place.

TrueGritnPluck

Suspended
Nov 21, 2011

Because Alabama hasn't done that the last two weeks, right? Georgia has a stout front 7. Bama will have to pass to open up the run.

NO - it is time to impose our will with the run game.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton

I totally agree the loss of Bell is going to hurt us. Defensive secondaries have to worry about Bell, Cooper, Norwood and Williams at TE. Now without Bell we will need someone to step up and take his place.
Cooper is as good, probably even a better deep threat than Bell, Norwood was our top receiver coming into the year. While I hate to lose Bell , especially at this point in the year, it's not like we don't have others to take up his slack. We'll be OK.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA

All I know is, we have had the worst injury luck ever this year. Excepting Maryland. Alot of big contributors have gone out for the season for us (3 WR, 2 RB, anyone else?)

snake plissken

1st Team
Apr 13, 2011
Birmingham

These SEASON ENDING injuries are killing us! That's now 4 offensive players in the playing rotation by my count.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.