Brad Bohannon Named Head Coach

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
UTK offered their job to Calvi, who actually turned it down, so Jag fans were breathing much easier. Then came the word from Columbia.

Rtr

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Eh, it's all relative. Unless there's something behind the scenes that I don't know about him, he basically got forced out for not being Ray Tanner.
Ray Tanner is the person who fired him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Kendall Rogers is saying Bama is trying to close the deal on Serano as pitching coach and Jerry Zulli from La Tech is expected to be hitting coach.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Eh, it's all relative. Unless there's something behind the scenes that I don't know about him, he basically got forced out for not being Ray Tanner.

That's exactly what got him run off

I'm loving the Serano hire, Zulli has experience in state from his days at South Alabama.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Is that the guy that left South for Ole Miss years ago? If so he was very highly thought of.

rtr

baseballfanatic

1st Team
Oct 30, 2008
That's exactly what got him run off

I'm loving the Serano hire, Zulli has experience in state from his days at South Alabama.
Doesn't quite look official yet. Drew Dearmond has said it's not happening, but Kendall Rogers still thinks there's a very good chance. Plus if you look at who Serrano has followed on twitter lately, there's a few significant names from the Ath Dept on there. Plus some UA beat writers.

Is that the guy that left South for Ole Miss years ago? If so he was very highly thought of.

rtr
I believe he left South for Mizzou, then left Mizzou for LaTech.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Hitting coach Zulli leaving La. Tech for same position at Bama

Zulli’s departure marks the end of his one-year stint as hitting coach and recruiting coordinator for head coach Lane Burroughs and the Bulldogs, who failed to make it back-to-trips to the NCAA Tournament. Tech hit .305 with 62 home runs and an on-base percentage of .409 as a team, increasing in all offensive categories from 2016 under Zulli’s tutelage.

Zulli also played an instrumental role as recruiting coordinator in the program’s 2017 signing class that features 20 signees for Tech from theearly signing period.

Before Louisiana Tech, Zulli was an assistant coach at Missouri in 2016 after spending four years as assistant coach and recruiting coordinator at South Alabama.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Hope he works out better than the last guy we poached from La Tech.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Luckily this past season was his first at LaTech.

I looked up who Serrano has followed lately. Looks very promising!
I lived in Knoxville when he was the pitching coach there. The #1 starter was R.A. Dickey. Also, Todd Helton was the #2 guy and also the closer. The third starter wasn't bad, either.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I'm referring to winning as much as Tanner did; i.e., not living up a historically elite standard.
I knew what you meant. But it is hard to follow da man if da man is your boss.

Let's just say he got Bohannoned.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Serrano tells Kendall Rodgers he's not coming to Alabama. Says his short-term goals don't match Alabama's long-term goals.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.