Proud of your team visit to white house

Jay Hughes

All-SEC
Aug 28, 2008
Newnan, GA
I had friends who are TN fans and they were very complimentary of the team for the way they represented themselves and the University!

Class!!!!! Roll Tide Roll!!!!

Professor

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2017
I understand that they asked the President if they could pray with him. Apparently he agreed and they had a group prayer.
Couldn't be prouder of our Crimson Tiders.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
We will try leaving this here and see if our members can follow the rules and keep politics off the football board. In fact, there will be suspensions forthcoming for doing it. If that proves to be impossible, then we'll close the thread...

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
I understand that they asked the President if they could pray with him. Apparently he agreed and they had a group prayer.
Couldn't be prouder of our Crimson Tiders.
Actually it was JK that did. As awesome as he was on the field he's even BETTER off the field. There aren't many like him. We will miss him in more ways than one. His goal in everything he does is to bring glory to God. He has definitely done that!

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Actually it was JK that did. As awesome as he was on the field he's even BETTER off the field. There aren't many like him. We will miss him in more ways than one. His goal in everything he does is to bring glory to God. He has definitely done that!
Yep, J.K. is an amazing young man.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Proud to see the team show respect to the office by understanding the honor and privilege it is to be invited. Looks as though they had a great time and represented the university well.

They will be able to tell their kids about the time they visited the White House and met the president. Good stuff.

CoachInWaiting

3rd Team
Nov 27, 2017
A very proud moment for this life-long Bama fan. Looking forward to a repeat performance next spring as well. #RTRNC18

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I’m just glad these young men avoided having a predatory news cycle focused down on them. I could not care less if they said something that would get the usual suspects riled up. It is still a once in a lifetime (usually) opportunity regardless of what some feel about the President.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Sorry, but when I read the thread title, I heard the Tom Hanks Gump voice saying, "I went to the White House, again and met the president, again."

Proud of the guys for getting to go, again.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
Sorry, but when I read the thread title, I heard the Tom Hanks Gump voice saying, "I went to the White House, again and met the president, again."

Proud of the guys for getting to go, again.
But so many of them had never been, and they were very excited. Now, maybe it was a day away from practice and the usual grind. Regardless they were happy to be there. I can't remember from previous years, but the airplane was full..... lots of walk-ons and staff that normally doesn't get to travel. It was really a treat and one that most everyone from top to bottom was included in.

I will share there was one person that worked most all the way coming and going. Wanna guess who that was? :wink:

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
But so many of them had never been, and they were very excited. Now, maybe it was a day away from practice and the usual grind. Regardless they were happy to be there. I can't remember from previous years, but the airplane was full..... lots of walk-ons and staff that normally doesn't get to travel. It was really a treat and one that most everyone from top to bottom was included in.

I will share there was one person that worked most all the way coming and going. Wanna guess who that was? :wink:
Good job.

As far as I'm concerned, you're a team member and ought to get the jewelry that comes with it...:)

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

Good for you.
Any time you have a sport in which 99% of the players rotate out within 5 years, and many rotate out within 3 years, there will be many who were not there the last time.
I've got a feeling that many will go back for a repeat visit within the next year or two.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL

Tua ?[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TNBama

1st Team
Apr 19, 2000
Knoxville, TN. USA
I was so proud of the way Saban handled this, and even more proud to hear of the team circling the President to pray for him. That is just downright class. I could not be more proud to be a Bama fan.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.