Link: Reuben in trouble again... (DV Charges Dropped) (UPDATE: Suspended 2 Games)

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Re: Reuben in trouble again...

If this is all true, 'ol Rube can give up his NFL dream and probably some freedom in the process. He has nobody to blame but himself.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Seems like Foster has hurt his career greatly this off-season...and it has nothing to do with being a football player and everything about being a dang adult.

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala

What are these guys thinking when they do things like this? How could a person do this to someone who has no chance of defending themselves. Almost 50 years ago when I work at a fast food place a lady who live behind it came in and her husband had beat her. She had bruises all over her face. We called the cops and they didn't do a damn thing. Fifty years ago and I can still see her face.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

Reuben's story is looking all to similar to Rolando McClain's story. Not good.
It's another version of the lure of the 'Hood'.
Many young guys find it difficult to cut ties with childhood friends.
A loose upbringing and violence condoned and glorified on Television play a huge part of players getting in trouble.
In the NFL the players are visited by guys from the 'Hood'. Some of these guys are into Drugs and violence.
Beating up women seems to be acceptable to them.
And finally... Lots of young players can't handle sudden wealth. They begin to believe they can do what they want to do without consequences.
Then KARMA steps in and they get bitten.

Last edited:

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Foster's hearing will be held in the Santa Clara County Superior Court in San Jose , is right next to where I work. he will appear in court again at the end of the month. you can bet the media and TV crew will be all over this when that date looms.
the incident occurred in Los Gatos , an affluent city with a population of around 30k.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Foster's hearing will be held in the Santa Clara County Superior Court in San Jose , is right next to where I work. he will appear in court again at the end of the month. you can bet the media and TV crew will be all over this when that date looms.
the incident occurred in Los Gatos , an affluent city with a population of around 30k.
I travel to San jose often for work time to time. We have scheduled trips out there at end of the month. I probably will need to warn my team about the media and be aware of that.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Let's not make the mistake of assuming the charges are true as presented. He must have offered the 49ers a very different story to still be around.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL

I know that the 49ers (at least since the Harbaugh years) have always used a particular lawyer whenever their players are in legal trouble. I say this b/c I'd think maybe the lawyer would be able to get and pass along info the front office that would either support or not support the player's version of the events. It is my understanding that Reuben was trying to get the girlfriend out of his apartment after telling her to leave (and she refused). That is not to say the treatment she received is justified, but in the eyes of the law, it may be a mitigating circumstance.

No matter the end result, Reuben (and other players like him) need lots of help, strong structures, and need to cut away the bad influences in his life. At this point, regardless of the actual facts, I see a lot of NFL Rolando, and I absolutely hate that for him.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw

Weapon charges dropped

Reuben Foster will not face a misdemeanor charge for possession of a large-capacity ammunition magazine due to a federal injunction, the Santa Clara County District Attorney’s Office announced Monday.However, the 49ers linebacker still faces three felony charges for domestic violence, forcefully attempting to prevent a victim from reporting a crime and possessing an assault weapon.The D.A.’s Office announced it had been advised that a judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of California in San Diego has issued an injunction preventing enforcement of the misdemeanor weapons charge, pending review. As a result, the D.A. plans to dismiss the charge at Foster’s next court date, a plea hearing on April 30.

TUSCALOOSAHONOR

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2014
Slocomb, Al
www.facebook.com

Also got to remember that more than likely the officers didn't see this happen but took the report and the victims statement (as well as Fosters) and the DA made the decision to charge. So we may be just getting her version of events right now. Though its hard to explain away a ruptured ear drum. Not sure if the law in CA. are like other states where if the victim isn't there at court the charges are dropped. Right now the truth needs to come out and whatever happens happens. If he did this jail time might be the best option for him. If he did it and gets away with it then that would be the worst thing for him. He could turn into an O.J.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

Also got to remember that more than likely the officers didn't see this happen but took the report and the victims statement (as well as Fosters) and the DA made the decision to charge. So we may be just getting her version of events right now. Though its hard to explain away a ruptured ear drum. Not sure if the law in CA. are like other states where if the victim isn't there at court the charges are dropped. Right now the truth needs to come out and whatever happens happens. If he did this jail time might be the best option for him. If he did it and gets away with it then that would be the worst thing for him. He could turn into an O.J.
A lot of states have done away with that. I know Alabama will prosecute no matter what the wife/girlfriend says now because too many were bullied into not going to court and of course the case was thrown out. Not sure if CA has it that way but I do know Alabama does now.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw

Sounds like if GF doesn't cooperate the charges could be dropped. Wonder how much $$ it takes to cause amnesia?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Sounds like if GF doesn't cooperate the charges could be dropped. Wonder how much $$ it takes to cause amnesia?
I don't think it will matter. If the NFL thinks he did this, he is done. Really doesn't matter what she says or does if the NFL doesn't believe her.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.