News Article: Texas football has the highest G.P.A in team history

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
What was our team GPA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's lies, damned lies, and statistics.

The answer depends on how you count. Do you count walk-ons? Do you distinguish between invited walk-ons and guys who just show up? Did they count the incoming freshmen? What about the guys who put their name in the transfer portal, but haven't left school yet? What about guys who just left the team altogether? What about guys who take a light load in the spring and load up in the summer? Is it real classes the way most of us remember them, or do correspondence courses (Johnny Manziel over at aTm says hello) count? Is it undergraduate only, or does graduate school (where, other than professional school -- law / medical / et. al. -- you almost literally have to put forth no effort, put your fingers in your ears, and hum, to make a C) count?

There are 1,000 ways to calculate that number, and I promise they used the single most favorable intersection of assumptions and qualifications to arrive at a 2.89. They're actually advertising how abysmal previous performance must have been.

But as dathbama said, if Colt hadn't been hurt, it would have been over 3.00.

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
What does it say about me that I barely beat that and I didn’t play any sports at all?
My last year, the architecture department kicked out anyone with a GPA below 2.75. We were under architecture accreditation review and the review felt they were passing too many people. A few of my classmates did not make the cut. They were able to take some garbage classes to boost it and get back the following year. Admittedly I just barely did. My strong 2.92 was just enough. Now that my school got merged with another the limit is 2.5.

We have a saying in architecture school. The B students end up working for the C students and the A student teach.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
In law school there’s a saying: A students become professors , B students become judges, and C students become millionaires.

I’m none of the above.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
In Communications we had a saying too..."This was the easy way?" LOL!!!
***FTR. Looking back...it was...
In law school there’s a saying: A students become professors , B students become judges, and C students become millionaires.

I’m none of the above.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.