Question: Did Dareus deserve the unsportmanlike penalty after his touchdown?

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
I think that Dareus was tossing the ball to the official at the far side of the end zone and threw it wide. If he was going to throw it to the fans, he would have thrown it out the back of the end zone. If he was throwing it up in the air, he would have thrown it straight up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bear Disciple

1st Team
Oct 27, 2009
Tuscaloosa, AL
I was about 15 yards away from him when he did it, and I think he was throwing it out of pure adrenaline. Certainly not to the fans or a ref, but we made a tackle on the kick so I don't really care! :)

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Didn't LSU DE Marcus Spears also score a touchdown on an interception in Saban's last national title game?

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
Absolutely should've been flagged, no way he was tossing it to the official... still wondering why the Texas player wasn't flagged after the 2 pt conversion. His toss/spin of the ball reminded me of Lassic in the 93 Sugar Bowl :)

Rattlehead82

1st Team
Feb 3, 2008
Pace, FL
Yes, that flag was certainly deserved. Emotions were high at that moment so I don't blame him. I'd rather him do that than that stupid dance Warren Sapp did when he scored a TD!

KanBama

All-American
Nov 22, 2002
Wichita, Kansas, United States
What I liked was when the reciever cought the 2 point conversion; after he raised up off the field he spun the ball on the turf right in front of the back judge. ESPN quiclky turned to a different camera shot and nothing was called or disscussed.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
By rule. yes, he should have been penalized.

I noticed, also, that on one of their touchdowns, their receiver gave the ball a good strong toss, also (but more underhand than Dareus). That should have been penalized too, but was not.

Riverchase

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 30, 2001
Hoover, Alabama,USA
What I liked was when the reciever cought the 2 point conversion; after he raised up off the field he spun the ball on the turf right in front of the back judge. ESPN quiclky turned to a different camera shot and nothing was called or disscussed.
I will go back and look again but I think the texas player threw the ball underhanded after a touchdown.....:confused:

Mayberry4Tide

1st Team
Dec 31, 2009
ATL
Right call for sure. Would have like to have seen the big man do a little dance though!:party: It was exciting and I didn't care one bit.:BigA:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.