Is anyone going to buy MAG?

DoubleDeuce

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 16, 2009
alabaster
It stands for Massive Action Game i think. I saw a CES video that said that you could play with up to 256 people online at the same time.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I definitely want to check it out, will probably wait until I hear some more reviews (word out of the beta testing wasn't all that great I think). Its 256 people but it's not the wild free for all that sounds like, you're placed in squads that have individual objectives so its more like a bunch of 8 vs. 8 matches going on at the same time the impact one another. So still different, but not what I thought when I first heard about the game.

jeremy

Suspended
Nov 22, 2004
Alabama
The hype for MAG nearly a year ago was amazing. But the longer this thing hung around and eventually beta tested, it lost its appeal for me. The biggest feature of the game is also its biggest problem. More simultaneous players does not equal more fun. 256 players can be in a game at once. Have fun trying to get more than 5-6 of them to cooperate and work as a team. The majority of players are teens and tweens who just want to run around aimlessly. From a technical standpoint, the game is excellent. It just doesnt play out in reality.

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
I bought MAG, and I think it's pretty fun actually.

The 256 is accurate while deceiving. You actually only play against 32 enemies at a time. I'll try to explain the game using MSPaint. :biggrin2:

The game type (domination) is split into 4 quadrants each with 64 players. The quadrants are split into 2 competing factions (Raven, Valor, or S.V.E.R.) of 32 players - 4 squads, 8 players each. One faction is set to defense and one to attacking.

The defending team is supposed to guard their 2 objectives (i.e. A & B for Quadrant 1 defending team) while the attacking team is trying to take them over in every quadrant. There is a damage bar that is underneath the objectives on the screen. The more objectives the attacking team takes, the faster the damage bar fills up.

The game is 30 minutes long, and the attacking team must fill up the damage bar in that time period to win. So all 4 attacking teams in the game are working towards a common goal, but will only play against 1 defending team each.

Hope this makes sense.

Last edited:

specialkpntbl

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2007
Dothan, AL
^^^^ Nice graphic lol :)

I bought this game a week or so ago because none of the video rental stores had it. I don't like it at all. I'm not sure really what I was expecting, but it just didn't strike my fancy. In the limited time I've played I've noticed that the "leadership" almost never leads, players don't communicate, and everyone just kind of runs around like they are playing team deathmatch on MW2.

I'll be looking to get rid of this one soon.... :(

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.