Other: Ranch Dressing

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

J.Will

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2001
Birmingham,AL,USA
Get you one clove of garlic smash and dice. The sprinkle with koshers salt and with the flat of the knife rub it in to paste. Careful on the garlic this is an example of less is definitely more. This garlic is raw and as such is very potent and it's effect on the flavor of your dressing will increase over time.

Get fresh flat leaf parsley and fine dice up about a 1/4 cups worth.

Chop up about a tablespoons worth of fresh chive a (half a tablespoon if you've only got dry.)

OKay throw all that wonderful green stuff in to a bowl.

Now add one cup of mayo(not MIRACLE WHIP) and one half cup of sour cream. Mix all that good stuff together. Now this is not a hard asnd fast rule. You can change the proportions to suit your taste.

Now add some buttermilk until it gets your preferred consitency.

At this point I like to throw in a dash of tabsco and about a tablespoon of dill, but you can do whatever.

salt and pepper to taste.

Mix up and chill.

Done. Homemade ranch dressing that will knock the socks off anything that can be bought at the store!

Dartigan

All-SEC
Sep 20, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I will absolutely try this out. I'm funny about ranch dressing... when I find a good version, I'll go to the restaurant JUST because they have good ranch. Most times, the "high dolla" store bought versions are just nasty IMO.

I think my #1 favorite ranch dressing is at a sports bar called "Champps." The dressing is obviously watery and cheap, but it's got a great flavor. Unfortunately, we don't have one here. My 2nd favorite ranch is at Baumhower's "Wings," but I've yet to get good service there. Ever. We lived in T-town from '03-'07 and just moved back last October and I've eaten there many times. I've always been pleased with the food, but never with the service and more recently not so much with the cleanliness of the tables. Maybe I'll PM "I Hate Fat Phil" and see if I can get some good service. :D

Or I could just grill some wings and have everyone over and you can test out this sauce recipe. ... omg @ the rambling.

J.Will

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2001
Birmingham,AL,USA
I will absolutely try this out. I'm funny about ranch dressing... when I find a good version, I'll go to the restaurant JUST because they have good ranch. Most times, the "high dolla" store bought versions are just nasty IMO.

I think my #1 favorite ranch dressing is at a sports bar called "Champps." The dressing is obviously watery and cheap, but it's got a great flavor. Unfortunately, we don't have one here. My 2nd favorite ranch is at Baumhower's "Wings," but I've yet to get good service there. Ever. We lived in T-town from '03-'07 and just moved back last October and I've eaten there many times. I've always been pleased with the food, but never with the service and more recently not so much with the cleanliness of the tables. Maybe I'll PM "I Hate Fat Phil" and see if I can get some good service. :D

Or I could just grill some wings and have everyone over and you can test out this sauce recipe. ... omg @ the rambling.
Yeah. I'm the same way. I only liked ranch dressing at restaurants. The store bought stuff has too many perservatives...it like bacon. Store bought bacon sucks if you've ever made your own without the nitrites and extra stuff.

This is a basic recipe. Add whatever you want to it. Want Southwestern just add cumin, red pepper, and some chili powder.

You can add parmesan or pepper corns or whatever. So knock yourself out.

How you make your wings? I do a dry rub of cumin, red pepper, chili powder, brown sugar, black pepper. garlic powder, etc, fold em up in to a triangle, and throw em on the grill.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I make mine about like that, the sour cream cuts the tartness of the mayo but I like a little more tart than most. I also use fresh dill from the herb garden and some fresh coarse ground pepper.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.