Entre: Coconut Veggies and Rice

I

It's On A Slab

Warm rice in a large saucepan with 1/2 cup coconut milk and a small amount of water.
While rice warms, place oil in a large pan on medium high heat. Add onion, garlic, cumin and mustard, and cook for 5 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add spinach and cover until wilted. Remove lid and add remaining ingredients. Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.

Last edited:

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Might try this Slab. Might use couscous and substitute some bean other than garbanzo which I can't stand maybe a kidney bean.

I

It's On A Slab

Might try this Slab. Might use couscous and substitute some bean other than garbanzo which I can't stand maybe a kidney bean.
The coconut made the entree very rich. The toasted cashews made it even better. Though, the chick peas added some good crunch.

I've been experimenting a lot with vegan and vegetarian dishes the past few months. Not trying to be a strict vegan or vegetarian. Just trying to eat better.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I would assume the soy measurement is in teaspoons.

Slab we have cut back our portions of meat. 6-8 oz is about my size and wife usually 6 oz or less. There are a few things we binge on but we eat a lot of vegetables with our meals and have fruit or cheese for snacks. Having a large garden helps a lot and lunch is usually soup or salad or a little of both. We use much of the vegetable trimmings to make veg stock and some of the top leaves for salads. I don't know if all this organic thing adds to our health but it tastes better. We have a few meatless meals but I don't think I could ever go completely vegan.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.