Entre: Liver & onion gravy

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Put bacon drippings into cast iron skillet and saute onions till clear. Remove onions and set aside.
Add more bacon drippings to pan, dredge liver in seasoned flour and fry on both sides till nicely browned about 3-4 min per side, do not overcook. Remove and set aside.
Add roux and water to skillet to make gravy. Add onions and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to boil to thicken then lower temp while stirring. Adding a pat of butter at the end will make your gravy shine.
Plate with a mound of steamed rice, two slices of liver and ladle gravy over all making sure you get plenty of onions on the plate.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
I love me some liver, beef or chicken, but I do prefer chicken. I've been craving some lately too. One of the few things I miss about Orlando is a Maryland Fried Chicken near my condo that had some great chicken livers. I'm sure that I can find a place here in Mobile that's as good or better if I look around though. It's pretty hard to find a better city for eats than Mobile.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.