Big Green Egg Accessory

ddsmit

Suspended
Jan 3, 2003
Pensacola, FL
Just ordered this for my BGE and the workmanship is first class, the hole in the center will work with a wok that they also have in stock. This also raises the grid to the felt line and is ideal for Spatchcock chicken, ABT's etc.

Woo3 "Large"

Last edited:

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I made my own version of this accessory using a piece of 4" stainless steel pipe and some 1'" flat stock to get the grill up to the felt top or just below. It is much easier to handle the meat. I also took a cast iron grill top and sawed about 1/3 of it off so it could be removed to add charcoal or wood smoke without unloading the grill. There are all kinds of tricks you can come up with using bricks, pans and wire. The BGE really can become a science project. ;)

Tonight I am making a meatloaf on the BGE trying to add some smoke flavor, grilled corn on the cob and tomorrow we have company coming for BGE steaks. Next week beer can chicken is coming up on the menu.

ddsmit

Suspended
Jan 3, 2003
Pensacola, FL
I made my own version of this accessory using a piece of 4" stainless steel pipe and some 1'" flat stock to get the grill up to the felt top or just below. It is much easier to handle the meat. I also took a cast iron grill top and sawed about 1/3 of it off so it could be removed to add charcoal or wood smoke without unloading the grill. There are all kinds of tricks you can come up with using bricks, pans and wire. The BGE really can become a science project. ;)

Tonight I am making a meatloaf on the BGE trying to add some smoke flavor, grilled corn on the cob and tomorrow we have company coming for BGE steaks. Next week beer can chicken is coming up on the menu.
I wish I had metal working skills like that bayou but it's a lot safer for a klutz like me to just buy it. I shudder to think what I could do with a welding machine.;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.