Updated 2009 ... 100 dishes to eat in Alabama Before You Die!

I have to admit, I have had a lot of these dishes, and I feel that some of them are based more on the ambience of the restaurant than the actual taste of the food. Some of them are wonderful, but such as the "Bacon Cheeseburger" at Lulu's in Gulf Shores.......i can think of 50 places that have better burgers than Lulus, but none of those places can offer the atmosphere that Lulu's does, and I find myself going there constantly because of that.

On the other hand, its good to see I am still on that list :biggrin2:

Are you at Oysterella's? If so, congrats . . . It's reeeeeally good.

The mufuletta panini at Panini Pete's is way above average, too.
A Fairhope Resident

Wintzell's.

Mufuletta panini? That sounds like something I MUST try. Pete's a great guy. He and I cooked with Guy Fieri one night at our Fairhope store after Guy got through filming a Diners, Drive ins, and Dives at Pete's restaurant.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Wintzell's.

Mufuletta panini? That sounds like something I MUST try. Pete's a great guy. He and I cooked with Guy Fieri one night at our Fairhope store after Guy got through filming a Diners, Drive ins, and Dives at Pete's restaurant.
You are my new hero I love Guy Fieri to the point I may become a stalker. IMO he has the best shows on foodnetwork right now. Did you give him a roll tide?

im4datide

All-SEC
Sep 6, 2001
Spring Hill,TN
Wintzell's.

When was that taped...I don't remember seeing the episode.

You are my new hero I love Guy Fieri to the point I may become a stalker. IMO he has the best shows on foodnetwork right now. Did you give him a roll tide?
I agree...I love Guy's shows...would love to hang out with him!

When was that taped...I don't remember seeing the episode.

I agree...I love Guy's shows...would love to hang out with him!

It would have been taped around spring 2008...we werent actually on the show, this is just the night after he got through taping. I think they either spotlighted Pete's Paninis or the Gumbo Shack in Fairhope for the show. We just got to cook and eat dinner with him ....which was a great consolation prize :)

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
It would have been taped around spring 2008...we werent actually on the show, this is just the night after he got through taping. I think they either spotlighted Pete's Paninis(Panini Petes or the Gumbo Shack in Fairhope for the show. We just got to cook and eat dinner with him ....which was a great consolation prize :)
Updated and corrected for you. The show featured Pete's.

Have you tried the gumbo at Greer's market in Fairhope? Pretty darned good. Second best in Fairhope . . Next to Wintzell's ;)

Updated and corrected for you. The show featured Pete's.

Have you tried the gumbo at Greer's market in Fairhope? Pretty darned good. Second best in Fairhope . . Next to Wintzell's ;)

Thanks, thats way too much alliteration for me to remember if its Panini Petes or Pete's Paninis or whatever it was lol. He's a great guy. Greer's market has some great food. When I work in Fairhope I go over there and grab a sandwich for lunch almost every day. They use Boar's Head meats and cheeses. Can't beat it.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Thanks, thats way too much alliteration for me to remember if its Panini Petes or Pete's Paninis or whatever it was lol. He's a great guy. Greer's market has some great food. When I work in Fairhope I go over there and grab a sandwich for lunch almost every day. They use Boar's Head meats and cheeses. Can't beat it.
I have always heard the gold standard in deli meats are Boars Head, Thumann's, and Dietz and Watson. I also hear Thumann's has never lost a taste test to Boars Head. I used to buy a chipolte ham at the deli but cant remember who made it but they also had a more spicy pastrami that I worshiped. I found a sun dried tomato roast chicken breast that was the best I ever tasted maybe it was Applegate Farms. Boars Head makes something called Lebanon Bobogna that is really good and most of their italian meats are top notch.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.