Entre: Crab Cakes

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Melt the butter and saute the shallot, garlic, bell pepper and apple about 3 min and remove from pan.
Add the oil to the pan to start getting hot.
Gently mix the rest of the ingredients using only half the bread crumbs using a folding motion.
form into four balls and gently mash down to make patties.
Coat with rest of bread crumbs and fry in hot oil till golden brown and crisp on the outside about 4-6 min per side try to only turn once.
Serve with lemon horseradish mayo and a side of apple sauce to cool the palate.

BamaGoose

Suspended
Dec 7, 1999
Meridianville, Al.
BT- that sounds really good. I have this fetish for Red bell pepper. I love the sweetness. I preferred to green anyday ofthe week. I can't wait for garden season to start.

Too bad there ae no fresh crabs in North Alabama, other than what you may get at Publix or Fresh Market.

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
BT- that sounds really good. I have this fetish for Red bell pepper. I love the sweetness. I preferred to green anyday ofthe week. I can't wait for garden season to start.

Too bad there ae no fresh crabs in North Alabama, other than what you may get at Publix or Fresh Market.
The lump crab meat that comes in cartons and sold at the meat counter is fairly fresh and good quality much better than canned. You are correct the red bell is sweeter than the slightly bitter green bell pepper. If you like fried onion rings try making fried red pepper rings. I coat mine with a tempura batter and fry them up and they are delicious. A batch would go great with the crab cakes.

BAMAFAN IN NY

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2007
Watertown, NY
www.myspace.com
The lump crab meat that comes in cartons and sold at the meat counter is fairly fresh and good quality much better than canned. You are correct the red bell is sweeter than the slightly bitter green bell pepper. If you like fried onion rings try making fried red pepper rings. I coat mine with a tempura batter and fry them up and they are delicious. A batch would go great with the crab cakes.
Ive used that tempura batter you put on here about 20 times I bet.

I put it on lots of stuff.. shrimp, veggies. One of my favorites is the pepper rings.. and believe it or not, broccolli.

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Ive used that tempura batter you put on here about 20 times I bet.

I put it on lots of stuff.. shrimp, veggies. One of my favorites is the pepper rings.. and believe it or not, broccolli.
Love the red bell pepper rings and whole green beans. Cauliflower is right up there with eggplant and yellow squash. Good stuff. We do shrimp, chicken, crawfish, eel. Ok we dont do eel very often but have done eel.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.