Tea question

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I was recently given 3 containers of different teas. Before I start brewing them I was wondering if anyone here has had any personal experience with them.

1. Chai Spice Black Tea (in bags)- Stash Tea Company

2. Early Grey Tea ( in bags)- The Metropolitan Tea Company, Ltd

3. Lapsong Souchong Tea (No bags - in the can) - Jacksons of Picadilly

I've never tasted any of these so I'd appreciate your honest opinion. Thanks

I was recently given 3 containers of different teas. Before I start brewing them I was wondering if anyone here has had any personal experience with them.

I've never had any personally, but we sell a lot of Early Grey Tea when it gets cold weather in the restaurant. Out of 4 different kinds it is definately our best seller and people tend to like it.

aprovo

3rd Team
Nov 18, 2002
Worthington, OH

To be honest I am not a huge tea drinker...I do drink green teas on occasion but I did work in a coffee shop that had a large variety of loose tea and I sampled almost all of them.
- Early Grey is kind of your basic tea. No crazy flavor or anything but considered a good tea.
- Lapsong Souchong, well what can I say, the people that drink it love it. It has a pretty strong smell...i think it has a smokey aroma. I am not a huge fan of it but a lot of people did drink it at the coffee shop.
- I have never had just the Chai Spice Black Tea but I like Chai lattes, this tea has cardamom, cinnamon, ginger type of flavor

Not sure that was much help! :redface: but hope you enjoy the tea!

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
I've never had any personally, but we sell a lot of Early Grey Tea when it gets cold weather in the restaurant. Out of 4 different kinds it is definately our best seller and people tend to like it.
Earl Grey might be popular because of this guy. I hadn't heard of it until he drank it all the time.

I am a huge tea drinker. I try to have one cup of green tea per day. I haven't heard of any of those specific brands though.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I drink gallons of herbal tea.

Earl Gray - one of my favorites slightly orange taste
Chai - cant stand it
most green and black teas are good you should read up on the medicinal properties of tea. Peppermint tea is great to settle the stomach, Chamomile will mellow you out before bed. Others will help with breathing, appetite and other things.
Try Raspberry Royal or Red Zinger for some fruity flavor.
Lemon Zinger has natural lemon taste and is very good.
Djarling and Oolong are old standbys.
Prince of Wales and English breakfast tea are nice in the morning.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.