Phillip Jose Farmer's Riverworld Trilogy....

Crimson Legacy

Sep 21, 2000
Has anyone had the pleasure of reading this? It seems that not alot of people today have even heard of farmer much less read any of his work. It's a fascinating story. I would love to discuss this with anyone who may have read it.

------------------
Crimson Legacy

CapstoneStan

All-American
Feb 5, 2001
Manchester, TN
I read some. I don't think I read the whole thing. I remember reading about characters based on Mark Twain and Herman Goering. Mark Twain, I think was a riverboat captain. It seems to me like there was a lot of agony for his character involving his relationship with a lady---perhaps his wife?

Crimson Legacy

Sep 21, 2000
Thats it Stan. The setting of the story is a mysterious land, dominated by an enourmous river that runs for thousands and thousands of mile, where everyone who's ever lived, suddenly appears after death. Lot's of real life people are in the story, inlcuding Twain, Georing, Richard Burton, Cleopatra and many more. They can be killed in this new world, but once dead they are regenerated at the mouth of this monstrous river. Remember the dream gum, the drug of choice in Riverworld? I haven't read it in so long I've forgotten alot of the story.

------------------
Crimson Legacy

bobstod

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Magnolia Springs, AL. USA
I read a number of Farmer books ten or fifteen years ago. I remember him as a very imaginative and skillful writer.

I haven't read the Riverworld series, though.

Now I have to put it on my list, and I've already got seven books ahead of it!

------------------
ALABAMA: Tradition; Class; A name to respect in College Football

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.