Louis L'Amour

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
Any fans out there? I've read 40 or 50 of his books. Love them! Particularly the Sackett series! I know it's not very challenging literature, but I love it just the same.

tide69

3rd Team
Oct 27, 1999
I'm a big fan of Louis L'Amour.Like you I've read them all and think the Sackett series was his best.Speaking of his books,Last Stand at Sabre River was on again the other night.Of course I had to watch it again.

bobstod

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Magnolia Springs, AL. USA
Lamour is well-respected, I think, even though the reading is light. I have never been disappointed in one of his books, although I have not read them ALL!!

He wrote one book called The Walking Drum, that takes place in the 1100s in Europe and the near east: the protagonist travels with a trading caravan. Very good.

------------------
ALABAMA: Tradition; Class; A name to respect in College Football

BamaCLM

Scout Team
Jan 28, 2000
Selma,AL
Louis L'amour books are the ONLY books I have ever seen my husband read for pleasure. He has all of the Sackett books, and never misses a Sackett movie (ah Tom Selleck). TNT gets watched alot at my house; they always seem to have a L'amour movie on! But he did learn some western history and longs to go gold hunting!

Virginiatider

1st Team
Sep 21, 2000
Fultondale, Alabama
Owning Louis Lamour books is like owning a piece of Americana. I haven't read one in years, but I probably read 20 of them. My favorite was Hondo. Lamour's books were short, to the point, and always entertaining. Maybe I should start collecting and reading them again.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.