Nothing Like It In the World!

LTBF

1st Team
Oct 13, 1999
B'ham,
No, truly, that is the title of the book by Stephen Ambrose that I am now reading in my spare time! That is, when I can lug a book with me, and not the one volume copy of LOTR with its 1200 pages, which is too heavy to read except why lying down!

I keep the SA book in the car and read it at odd moments. It's about the building of the transcontinental railroad, and like all SA books, is beautifully written, and fun to read. It packs in a lot without overwhelming you.

ROL TIDE FOREVER!

LTBF

1st Team
Oct 13, 1999
B'ham,
So did I, Pell City, and loved all three. I admire Stephen Ambrose as a writer. His works are as clear and lucid as a pool of water, and so much fun to read. It's almost like reading fiction. Nothing dull or plodding about it. Nothing Like It may not be vintage SA, but it is very good.

Give it a try, especially since you enjoyed the others.

ROLL TIDE FOREVER!

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
How is that book? I've been curious about it since I saw it in Books-A-Million one day. I read D-Day, Citizen Soldiers, and Undaunted Courage and loved all three.
I have the book. I love SA books. Have most of them..but this one is not my favorite. Laid it down twice..but that is just me I guess. Detail..info..composition is typical SA. One day I will go at it again unless it flames out. Havent learned anything is my issue I guess.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.