KEN News Kentucky.com - Lindley preps for the press at Media Days

TideFans Reporter

Click for Real-Time Bama News
Sep 21, 2006
From Kentucky.com (Lexington Herald-Leader)December 28th, 2009 11:59 PM

HOOVER, Ala. — Kentucky senior cornerback Trevard Lindley isn't known as a big talker. So when the school announced that Lindley would be representing UK at SEC Media Days, more than a few media members expressed surprise. Heck, even Lindley himself was surprised when Coach Rich Brooks came to him with the idea."I was shocked when he asked me," Lindley said to a small group of local media shortly before he was scheduled to meet the national horde of reporters. "He asked me if I could handle it, and I told him, 'Yeah.' I'm going to try and give more than three or four words. We'll see how it goes. It might be tough because I'm not used to talking in front of a whole bunch of people, but I think I can be pretty good at it." Senior offensive lineman Zipp Duncan, who also made the trip, said his teammates have been giving Lindley some good-natured ribbing leading up to Media Days."We just told him that nothing more than three or four words is a good answer," Duncan said. "I think he's been trying to put a bunch of sentences together."Brooks said he decided to take Lindley both as a show of gratitude and as a prep course in dealing with the media for what figures to be a lengthy NFL career.

...READ MORE HERE...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.