Casserole: Eggplant Rollups

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Preheat oven to 350F
Preheat oil to 360F in deep fryer or 8" pan
Fry slices of eggplant 2 min till they are soft and plyable and slightly brown. drain on paper towels
make becchamel sauce by melting butter over med hi heat then add flour to make a roux. stir about a minute, remove from heat and slowly whisk in milk. season the sauce with salt and pepper then return to low heat. stir often till sauce begins to thicken. add the Parmesan, remove from heat again and cover till cool. when cool stir in the rest of the cheese, cover and refrigerate.
make tomato sauce or use canned sauce or spaghetti sauce if you like. canned tomatoes make a fine sauce if you have the time.
lightly oil a 9X9X2 inch baking pan using some of the oil from frying the eggplant.
lay slices of eggplant on work surface. spread some bechamel sauce on each slice then roll them up. arrange roll ups snugly in the baking dish. Spoon tomato sauce over all. tear the basil leaves and spread them over all then lightly layer some extra mozzarella on top before putting in the oven.
bake covered for 25 min then uncovered for another 10-15.

I

It's On A Slab

I'm wondering....will regular eggplant do? I remember trying to find Japanese eggplant, but having a hard time finding it.

I

It's On A Slab

Preheat oven to 350F
Preheat oil to 360F in deep fryer or 8" pan
Fry slices of eggplant 2 min till they are soft and plyable and slightly brown. drain on paper towels
make becchamel sauce by melting butter over med hi heat then add flour to make a roux. stir about a minute, remove from heat and slowly whisk in milk. season the sauce with salt and pepper then return to low heat. stir often till sauce begins to thicken. add the Parmesan, remove from heat again and cover till cool. when cool stir in the rest of the cheese, cover and refrigerate.
make tomato sauce or use canned sauce or spaghetti sauce if you like. canned tomatoes make a fine sauce if you have the time.
lightly oil a 9X9X2 inch baking pan using some of the oil from frying the eggplant.
lay slices of eggplant on work surface. spread some bechamel sauce on each slice then roll them up. arrange roll ups snugly in the baking dish. Spoon tomato sauce over all. tear the basil leaves and spread them over all then lightly layer some extra mozzarella on top before putting in the oven.
bake covered for 25 min then uncovered for another 10-15.
Actually, I'm out. 4 cups of olive oil? :)

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.