One Pound of Shrimp Left

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
First we need to get this thread to the food forum ;)

How many people are you feeding and how big are the shrimp?

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
One pound of shrimp won't go far on it's own. If they are small shrimp, you might consider incorporating them into an entree dish, such as Cajun Shrimp Jambalaya.
If they are large or jumbo shrimp, you could think about Southwestern Shrimp Kabobs.

BamaLuver

G&C | FB Moderator
Aug 16, 2000
Mobile, AL
With 1 lb -- think I'd stretch it and go with Jambalaya or Creole.

As far as fried shrimp -- I like a simple beer batter. Here's a link to an easy recipe (and you can add what you want, i.e, hot sauce)!

Beer Battered Shrimp

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
If you would like to try a cold dish maybe a pasta salad? Start with fusilli or rotini pasta cooked then rinsed and cooled this is one time I like to rinse the pasta to remove some of the starch. Let's do all this the easy way. Boil the shrimp in a pot with about 8-10 whole peppercorns, 1 bay leaf, a pinch of salt, 1/4 cup vinegar, 1 or 2 cloves of garlic smashed, 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp Italian seasoning or just use some of that stuff that comes in a bag, can, bottle or a jar. Chill the pasta and shrimp then combine them in a bowl. Add as many other items as you want, black olives, raw mushrooms, raw summer (yellow) squash, zucchini, cucumber, red onions, cubed cheese such as cheddar or manchego, green olives, pickled artichoke hearts, bell pepper, grape tomatoes, ham, bacon bits and boiled egg. Finally the dressing is nothing but Kraft Tuscan dressing straight from the bottle. To loosen up any leftover pasta add a bit of olive oil and give it a stir.

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
EZ fried shrimp.

mix shrimp with yellow mustard enough to coat but not drown the shrimp
season flour with salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano or use a cajun spice blend
put seasoned flour in bag, add shrimp a few at a time and shake
fry shrimp in hot oil till golden brown about 2-3 min.

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Shrimp Salad

Chop 1 lb boiled shrimp
fine dice 1/2 bell pepper
fine dice 1 small stalk celery - chop the leaves too use an inside stalk
mince 1 tbsp onion
1 tsp lemon juice
1/3 cup mayonnaise
few shakes of Tabasco - optional
hot dog buns
diced tomato

Mix first seven ingredients together, spoon into a bun and top with diced tomato.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.