OSCAR NOMINATIONS

LTBF

1st Team
Oct 13, 1999
B'ham,
OSCAR NOMINATIONS

Academy Award nominations were announced today , and LOTR : FOTR garnered 13 nominations . I know it was nominated for best picture and best director .

I ' m not sure of the others . I ' m sure there were a host of them in technical fields like special effects , etc .

CNN interviewed Peter Jackson via video - phone from New Zealand . Don ' t you know he ' s glad he has the other parts of the trilogy " in the can "?

This should get a few more people out to see it .

RTF !

bobstod

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Magnolia Springs, AL. USA
I went to see FOTR a second time , this time with my eldest son , who knows large tracts of it by heart . We both enjoyed it more the second time ... were able to see more of what was going on with sets , costumes , makeup , and special effects , since we were at ease that the story was handled well .

Yes , Caroline , I expect Peter Jackson feels like he has a huge bank account in those cans !! He deserves it . That was a monumental undertaking , and he obviously demanded ( and got ) quality in every aspect of the film .

------------------
ALABAMA: Tradition; Class; A name to respect in College Football

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I would have to think the music would get a nomination also .

------------------
At a Red Elephant Club meeting Dennis Franchione was asked why he came to Alabama. "To win a National championship" was his answer. "Just one?" was their reply.

"STRENGTH AND HONOR" Russell Crowe in Gladiator

SNASS - bayoutider

CShine

Banned
Aug 5, 2000
Huntsville, AL
Ooops ! Forgot that the board is screwed up . Unfortunately , I ' ve found that it doesn ' t work to copy and paste the link unless you remove the extra spaces that the board has added into it . Ya might as well just go to the website and look for the list yourself rather than spend time removing spaces . It ' d probably be quicker .

[This message has been edited by CShine (edited February 12, 2002).]

LTBF

1st Team
Oct 13, 1999
B'ham,
Here are the nominations :

Best Picture , Best Director , Best Supporting Actor ( Ian McKellen ), Best Screenplay ( based on material previously produced or published ), Best Art Direction , Best Cinematography , Best Sound , Best Original Score , Best Original Song (" May It Be "), Best Costumes , Best Film Editing , Best Makeup , and Best Visual Effects .

RTF

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.