I had planned to read The Stars in Their Courses

CapstoneStan

All-American
Feb 5, 2001
Manchester, TN
I had planned to read The Stars in Their Courses

by Shelby Foote . And I will eventually . You guys got me started on TDOP . I had intended to stop after the end of the second book , but I just couldn ' t leave it there .
I ' ll get to Mr . Foote shortly . I wish I had more time to read !

LTBF

1st Team
Oct 13, 1999
B'ham,
Stan , the nice thing about [ i ] Stars in their Courses [/ i ] is that it is short , and , due to Shelby Foote ' s gorgeous prose , very easy to read and understand .

That ' s saying a lot . I am not a military tactition , and I sometimes get overwhelmed by very detailed expositions of battles .

So , when you get a chance , read away !

RTF !

bobstod

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Magnolia Springs, AL. USA
Stan, what did you think of TDOP? I am still remembering quite a lot about the books. I gave them to my son-in-law and he is now looking to get the newest one.

If you enjoyed them, you will probably love the George R.R. Martin series I am reading now. (see posts on this board)

Hi, Caroline! What are you reading?

------------------
ALABAMA : Tradition ; Class ; A name to respect in College Football

LTBF

1st Team
Oct 13, 1999
B'ham,
A book about Lincoln's morality. A book about Venice. A baseball book. Nothing earthshaking.

Let's come up with another joint project. I'll reread The Silmarillion if others will. It's very time-consuming, though.

RTF!

CapstoneStan

All-American
Feb 5, 2001
Manchester, TN
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bobstod:
Stan, what did you think of TDOP? I am still remembering quite a lot about the books. I gave them to my son-in-law and he is now looking to get the newest one.

If you enjoyed them, you will probably love the George R.R. Martin series I am reading now. (see posts on this board)

Hi, Caroline! What are you reading?

</font>
TDOP was a pretty good read. Even though fairly long, I went thru it pretty well. This weekend I bought the first of the GRRM books. I will read when I can. It has been compared to The Once and Future King. I still have a bit to go with RTR. It is great. Did you know there is to be a sequel? I don't know when, but I will be looking for it.

Ratatosk

Scout Team
Apr 22, 2001
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LTBF:

Let's come up with another joint project. I'll reread The Silmarillion if others will. It's very time-consuming, though.

RTF!
</font>
Good suggestion. I would be willing to reread The Silmarillion. I think it would be good preparation for the next release of LOTR (the movie).

CapstoneStan

All-American
Feb 5, 2001
Manchester, TN
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LTBF:

RTF!
</font>
I have a copy and have never read it. I could do that. LTBF, what baseball book did you read?

bobstod

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Magnolia Springs, AL. USA
Speaking of baseball books, has anybody read The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon? Steven King. A really good read.

------------------
ALABAMA : Tradition ; Class ; A name to respect in College Football

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.