Have some extra chorizo layin around need some ideas

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Saute one large onion and two bulbs of fennel. (you can add diced red and/or green bell pepper at this time also) Take it out of the casing and fry it up breaking the sausage up as you go. Toss in a bag of frozen diced hash brown potatoes and cook till potatoes are soft. Add a cup of beef broth or stock, turn down the heat and let simmer. Mix well and serve hot.

Chorizo is also delicious in breakfast burritos.

I dice and boil some red potatoes, drain them, and then toss them and the chorizo in a sautee pan with some vidalia onion. Then make chorizo/potato quesadillas with a little lime sour cream (1 oz lime juice to every 2/3 cup sour cream).

Quick, simple, and delicious.

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Try taking the chorizo out of the casing (about 1 pound). Break it up in a skillet and brown it up real good then remove from the skillet. Add chopped onion, celery & bell pepper (2 parts onion, 1 part each celery and bell pepper) and a clove of minced garlic to the grease and saute till the veggies are tender. The raw veggies should total about 1 cup. In the meantime make a pot of white rice, enough for 3 1/2 cups. In a big bowl mix he sausage, vegetables, rice and 2 3/4 cups broth (I would probably use chicken). Season with salt, pepper and fresh basil. Turn it all into a casserole (2 qt) dish and bake in the oven for 20 min covered at 350 then another 10 min uncovered.

You can add mushrooms and cheese if you like.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
tried something new with chorizo.

chicken chorizo burgers

1 lb of boneless skinless chicken breasts uncooked cubed
8 oz of chorizo with casing removed
3 6" corn tortillas torn
1 jalapeno
1/4 tsp of kosher salt

mix in food processor. Form into 4 patties

Last edited:

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
tried something new with chorizo.

chicken chorizo burgers

1 lb of boneless skinless chicken breasts uncooked cubed
8 oz of chorizo with casing removed
3 6" corn tortillas torn
1 jalapeno
1/4 tsp of kosher salt

mix in food processor. Form into 4 patties and feed to dog :)
That sounds absolutely disgusting

Just kidding, I just don't care for ground turkey or chicken but might try it with beef, lamb or veal. :)

PS just because I don't like it doesn't mean it isn't good. ;)

Last edited:

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Bad ground chicken experience? I like ground lamb, but I'm not sure those 2 flavors go together....
Yeah I tried making ground turkey burgers, turkey meatloaf and found it horrible. I am one of the few people I know that hates chicken spaghetti and don't try to slip me a turkey dog either. :) One item I did embrace is turkey bacon it's the bomb but honestly you don't save enough health wise to make the switch so I stick with pork but I did get quite a few turkey bacon sandwiches down my neck hole. I'm also not a big fan of fish stews or fish chowders. As adventuresome as I may sound on the forum I do have my boundaries.

Back to bacon, I had some Bison bacon given to me and I soon found out why they gave it away. :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.