World of Warcraft

TheBamaMan

All-SEC
Jul 17, 2000
Dothan, Al
Okay, I am really getting into this game. I have left my Orc Warrior sitting at lvl 24. I have mostly given up on letting my kids play any at all (lol). I spent the weekend getting my human paladin to lvl 22. 11 levels on one weekend. :eek2: Luckily the wife was working. I made sure I cleaned the house and cut the grass before taking on the journey. I did 4 dungeons as a healer with 3 very good outcomes. The one I dont want to dicuss (bad tank, very bad).

I stand by my statment, I'll play the 3 months I have paid now and periodically pick up 2 month cards and play. I will be gettting the expansions to experience the whole thing. I will need to do that before the Cat expansion correct? I hear that will change the whole world.
Careful....Its sucking you in.:biggrin:

RollTideinGA

All-SEC
Jun 25, 2002
GA
I think it's already too late, he just hasn't realized it yet, or ready to admit it.
Haha! Hey right now I'm playing for free. So I am abusing the heck out of it. Kind of like a rental car. When it starts to be a monthly fee then it will end. Like I said even though I am having fun I cant justify $15/mo and having to buy the additional stuff on top. $30/40 for each expansion.

Plus there is nothing on TV right now. And when football season starts I wont play video games at all really.

Periodically maybe I can justify a 2-month card, but not $180/yr.

* I said above I would be getting the expansions, and then I looked at how much they cost. Not sure if I can swing that. So I may be stuck with the base game during my 3 month time.

ColumbusTide

1st Team
Jan 10, 2007
I have been playing WoW since first release. I started on the Dalaran server the day of release and the the server went down for a couple of days but I stuck with it and have been there ever since. I play Alliance and have a level 80 of every class except Warrior. I think I will wait until Cataclysm is out and then level the Warrior as a Worgen.

I am playing the Cataclysm beta and think once again taht the game is being remade (the game no longer resembles the original except for the scenery. With the next expansion even the scenery will change.

I suggest to the original poster to pick one character and level it - as stated before Hunters and Warlocks are great to level because you get a built in tank to walk around with you (your pet) while you dish out massive damage. But go visit all of the current starting zones and see other bits of scenery before it all gets remade. After level 20 and until level 60 levelling really speeds up. Plus, levelling is easier now because you get mounts at lvl 20 and epic mounts at lvl 40. Buy new equipment form the AH as soon as you can afford it. Join a levelling guild who will join up with you to do quests. Also, use the dungeon finder to do all of the level appropriate dungeons. As a DPS it takes you a while to get into them, but your role is pretty easy and you will be less likely to tick off people who have been playing the game for 4 years and are on their 7th alt when you don't know Shadow Fang keep like the back of your hand.

Take care to create a well balanced character especially if you intend to keep playing it into the expansion. When I say well balanced I mean don't forget about secondary professions like cooking and fishing. Fishing is a pain to level if you do not do it as you go along. End-game rewards for fishing are REALLY worth it.

Also, make use of wowwiki and other such sites that will give you hints.

One last thing - don't buy gold. You can earn enough gold by picking up skinning and either herbalism or mining. Sell everything on the auction house. That's easy money and the lower level mats actually sell at crazy prices - on Dalaran briarthorn sells for 20g a stack.

I could talk about the game forever, as others have said for $15/month I get the most bang for my buck of any entertainment opportunity. I can play by myself or with friends, and it has never become a grind for me because I can always find something new to do in the game.

ColumbusTide

1st Team
Jan 10, 2007
I want to look, but I dont want to look. So I am not going to look. I really enjoy it when an xpac comes out and I have no idea what I am going to see. When i stepped thru the Dark portal, I had no idea how it was going to look and i was amazed. When I got on the boat to Northrend, once again I was amazed at what i saw and heard for the first time. Again with Cat, I will have no idea what the lands will look like other than what the official trailers tell us.

thx though!. I am sure some folks will really enjoy your screenshots.

I don't usually look either, but I got into the BETA and now I have no choice. I couldn't turn down the chance for the BETA.

ColumbusTide

1st Team
Jan 10, 2007
My holy pally and destro lock are holding their own. I just started looking at the frost mage. I gave up on feral druid. I also started in the goblin zone. This is a completely new game. So much about mechanics and math have changed. Elitist Jerks will have to start over completely.

RollTideinGA

All-SEC
Jun 25, 2002
GA
My holy pally and destro lock are holding their own. I just started looking at the frost mage. I gave up on feral druid. I also started in the goblin zone. This is a completely new game. So much about mechanics and math have changed. Elitist Jerks will have to start over completely.
I got "yelled" at last night by a guy because I didnt have the right spec. I told him I am new and had no idea what he was even talking about. So I unlearned my skill points and set them to the healing tree so my pally can be a true healer in dungeons.

The guy was such a jerk he (the tank) bailed on us right before the boss because he died once. He went charging into the room before the rest of the party was ready. By time I had a line of sight and the healing process was going he died. Not my fault. We fought the boss without him and finished.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
I got "yelled" at last night by a guy because I didnt have the right spec. I told him I am new and had no idea what he was even talking about. So I unlearned my skill points and set them to the healing tree so my pally can be a true healer in dungeons.

The guy was such a jerk he (the tank) bailed on us right before the boss because he died once. He went charging into the room before the rest of the party was ready. By time I had a line of sight and the healing process was going he died. Not my fault. We fought the boss without him and finished.
You'll run into these "elitist" types in WoW a lot. It's best to find a laid back guild if you look to raid. Some ppl take the game too seriously, almost like a job. I'd just dps (ret tree) with your first character while you're learning the game b/c ppl won't get so upset about a dps making a mistake. I'd recommend wowwiki.com to look at different specs under the character option (some of them are older, but you'll get the idea of talents for pve and talents for pvp and which glyphs to use. Wowhead.com also has forums for each class with good info (but I wouldn't click on any links to a person's armory b/c some might be key loggers/ viruses).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.