Got my copy of NCAA11 today, did anyone else?

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
I've played three games Dareus has already recovered two fumbles and taken them to the house. He has ten sacks and a safety as well. He can get blocked by two lineman then then the RB and still get to the QB.

Have yall tried the Wild Tide yet? I have scored twice with the jet sweep to Richardson. Hope we see that next year.

Tripping_Saylor

Scout Team
Sep 13, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
If you want the rosters, GO to EA Locker and down load from my locker, Nug_Lyfe . Not the most accurate (the appartenly never heard of Phil Sims), but good enough for the time being while the other guys get the "official" roster together.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
If you want the rosters, GO to EA Locker and down load from my locker, Nug_Lyfe . Not the most accurate (the appartenly never heard of Phil Sims), but good enough for the time being while the other guys get the "official" roster together.
I cant seem to get your roster. It will let me type in your name but it will say you do not have a specified locker.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Played one exhibition game against random opponent Ole Miss on default settings, Varsity difficulty.

Alabama 38
Ole Miss 0

Ingram had 100+ yards and 3 TDs. Richardson barely got into the game. No really long runs, but a solid average gain with good blocking, and a few runs for a loss.

McElroy had 200+ yards, with a long TD to Brandon Gibson for 60+ yards.

Dre Kirkpatrick picked off a pass.

I got +20 sportsmanship points for punting once and kicking a field goal, and -60 points for throwing deep while up 31-0.

I picked my own offensive plays, and took whatever defensive play was suggested. I mostly pass rushed Josh Chapman and Marcel Dareus. Got a few "user tackles" that created +skill points, for whatever that is worth.

GMacFan

Suspended
Oct 3, 2009
Just curious could someone give me the ratings of the following players:
Ingram
McElroy
Dareus
Julio
Hightower
Barron

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I just picked this game up today. I usually wait until sports games are going for used prices but I had to buy this one on launch because Alabama is my obviously my favorite team and they are finally the #1 team on the game. I debated between the Xbox360 or PS3 version but ultimately went with PS3 because I am more comfortable with the button schemes for football games on Playstation and the online is free.

The last edition of NCAA I bought was for the PS2 in 2004. WOW....was I shocked when I put this game in....mainly because of how unbelievably complex, in-depth, and unnecessarily complicated they have become. I kid you not there must be over 100 different combinations of button/analog stick presses on both offense and defense to control the plays pre-snap and post-snap. I mean if I can somehow memorize this gauntlet of knowledge I might can get pretty good...but holy snikes what a learning curve.

Anyone else had this type of experience?

DoubleDeuce

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 16, 2009
alabaster
I like it alot!

Okay, no Rammer Jammer for sure. I beat Auburn 17-0 and didnt hear it.

I have the full rosters but wont be home until tonight. Dang work. Then you can download them from me. I didnt upload them, and I dont remember the gamer tag I got them from.

The stadium expansion IS in the game. EA had a blog post last week showing all the stadium rennovations they added for each school.

All I have to say is Ingram runs like Ingram. And Dareus is a beast!
Are you on PS3? I need the full rosters, not for Bama but to scout out the teams we will be playing this year.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Played one exhibition game against random opponent Ole Miss on default settings, Varsity difficulty.
Filled out my roster with names, and started playing Dynasty Mode.

This game definitely has its quirks.

Trounced SJSU 70-0 with two "unsportsmanlike" point penalties, one for a deep pass while up by a lot in the third quarter, one for a pitch that apparently, was considered a deep pass.

I then played Penn State, and after going up 21-0 in the first half, it seems like the computer opponent brought out some voodoo to counteract my domination.

1) On 4th down, Penn State lined up for a punt, with the punter standing downfield in front of my return man, Trent Richardson. The ball teleported into the arms of the punter, who stood there until he was tackled by Richardson for a 37 yard gain and a first down. This led directly to Penn State's first TD.

2) I had gotten some food while playing, and decided to let the computer run my offense. I picked some running plays, and just let the play unfold. On the 2nd or 3rd play, I selected an option play, and McElroy pitched it to Ingram, but it was intercepted by a linebacker in the backfield, and run back for a touchdown. This was their 2nd TD.

I then had to stop them on 4th down late in the 4th quarter at 21-14 to keep them from tying it up.

BamaJeff

Hall of Fame
Oct 12, 1999
Dothan, AL.
I've heard there is a ps3 roster file available. PSN name: gamingtailgate
I cannot say how accurate these rosters are. I'm holding out for the guys at operation sports. They take into consideration players that have transferred, not eligible, etc. They put out the best rosters imo.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
Got my pre-ordered copy from Dell today. Not bad getting it the day after release and saving $20 in the process! :)

Roll Tide 00

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007
Im about to start Teambuilder.I dont know if i want to make a All-Alabama team with all time legends or use a specific years roster like '64 or '79.You can actually create your team and play it against other peoples created teams online,very cool.Anyway gonna be a long night for me thank god i dont have to work tommorrow.:BigA:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.