Got my copy of NCAA11 today, did anyone else? - Page 5
Thanks Thanks:  0 Like Like:  0 Dislike Dislike:  0 Roll Tide! Roll Tide!:  0 Ha Ha! Ha Ha!:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame AlexanderFan's Avatar

Big A Re: Got my copy of NCAA11 today, did anyone else?

PS3 users, buckeye02 now has the rosters available for download if you are interested. Big props to the guys who spent the entire week putting the names together.
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

BamaNation First Team Bear Disciple's Avatar

Re: Got my copy of NCAA11 today, did anyone else?

Is anyone getting annoyed by the people who quit in the first half and then you don't get a win? It's cost me 7 wins so far, and I'm not talking about me being up a score his ball. I've up at least 21 and have the ball inside the 50. Pretty obvious that I'm going to win those games.

Anyway, just wanted to see if anyone else has this problem.

BamaNation Hall of Fame AlexanderFan's Avatar

Big A Re: Got my copy of NCAA11 today, did anyone else?

I'm restarting my dynasty after acquiring the roster names and Julio Jones, G Mac, and Mark Ingram out with injuries. Blah.
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

Quote Originally Posted by Bear Disciple View Post
    Ok, well I think I must be mentally handicapped because it just won't work. The only thing it lets me do is download from friends and select a device. Oh well, I guess I'll just get 'em whenever one of my friends does. Thanks for the help.
    If you want, you can just add me then get them, then remove me. That is, if you don't want to wait.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BEATtutorsee's Avatar

Is anyone getting annoyed by the people who quit in the first half and then you don't get a win? It's cost me 7 wins so far, and I'm not talking about me being up a score his ball. I've up at least 21 and have the ball inside the 50. Pretty obvious that I'm going to win those games.

Anyway, just wanted to see if anyone else has this problem.
    That's the main reason why I only play people I know. There's just too many cheesers and people like that out there to wade through IMO. It's usually just not worth the time sadly.
    "Make his a** quit! That's our trademark, that's our m.o. as a team! That's what people know us as!"

Alabama head coach Nick Saban

"If it feels good, you ain't doin' it right!"

Alabama S&C coach Scott Cochran

BamaNation All-American silentsam74's Avatar

What happened to the way it used to be. I can't remember the year. Somewhere between '04-'06 I think. But, if someone quit during the game it would give them so much time to rejoin the game or it would default the victory to you. That should be the perfect solution. I haven't played online in several years though and haven't gotten an NCAA past '08. Wonder why they got rid of it? I think that is fairly useless and an easy out for someone not wanting to deal with the results of their game.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    --Thucydides

It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience. -- Gaius Julius Ceasar

If someone quits on you on PS3 you have the option of quitting and not taking the results, or quitting and taking them.

Quote Originally Posted by miggy402 View Post
    If someone quits on you on PS3 you have the option of quitting and not taking the results, or quitting and taking them.
    It does that on Xbox too, but I think if it hasn't reached the second half, then the person who quits receives a loss and DNF, but it's like the game never happened for you.

BamaNation All-American silentsam74's Avatar

ThumbsUp Re: Got my copy of NCAA11 today, did anyone else?

It does that on Xbox too, but I think if it hasn't reached the second half, then the person who quits receives a loss and DNF, but it's like the game never happened for you.
    Well, thats good to know. I'm glad to see the DNF stat in there as well. The cheesers can get away with it obviously when the game is brand new but it won't be long until everyone is able to 'filter' those out and only play against legitimate competition.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    --Thucydides

It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience. -- Gaius Julius Ceasar

Quote Originally Posted by silentsam74 View Post
    Well, thats good to know. I'm glad to see the DNF stat in there as well. The cheesers can get away with it obviously when the game is brand new but it won't be long until everyone is able to 'filter' those out and only play against legitimate competition.
    I'm not positive, but the ones in the first and second quarters have never given me a win, all the ones in the fourth have and I think the third too. Just my observations.

BamaNation First Team WishIwasInBama's Avatar

can someone tell me if there is an art to "jumping the snap"? I just can't seem to ever do it and I am getting lit up online.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BEATtutorsee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WishIwasInBama View Post
    can someone tell me if there is an art to "jumping the snap"? I just can't seem to ever do it and I am getting lit up online.
    Do you vary your snap count? That's really the only way to combat the jump the snap feature. That and mixing in the occasional hard count.
    "Make his a** quit! That's our trademark, that's our m.o. as a team! That's what people know us as!"

Alabama head coach Nick Saban

"If it feels good, you ain't doin' it right!"

Alabama S&C coach Scott Cochran

Ok, well I think I must be mentally handicapped because it just won't work. The only thing it lets me do is download from friends and select a device. Oh well, I guess I'll just get 'em whenever one of my friends does. Thanks for the help.

What you want to do is when you get to the screen that shows all your friends, don't move the stick to any of your friends. You will be on the button that says "Download" (something like that) so just press the A button. You'll then be prompted to enter the gamertag of the person you want to download the rosters from. Speaking of rosters...

My roster (Community with Bama edits) are in my locker if anyone is interested. Gamertag is Depotboy. Went through and corrected hometowns, equipment and ratings as best I could. The team doesn't have as many 90+ superstars like on the default set, but they're still a nice squad.

Removed:
    Star Jackson
    Jeramie Griffith
    Kendall Kelly
    Bryan Motley
    Petey Smith
    Dequan Menzie

Added:
    Corey Grant
    Brian Vogler
    Kenny Bell
    Ronnie Carswell
    Jonathan Atchison
    Blake Sims

Moved:
    Jalston Fowler from FB to ILB
    Alfy Hill from Sam to Jack
    Adrian Hubbard from DE to Jack
    Blake Sims is listed as a CB
    Jarrick Williams from OLB to FS
    CJ Mosley from Jack to Sam
    Jonathan Atchison from Jack to Sam

Updated equipment for every single player as best I could. Re-rated some of the more overblown players like Dre, Scott, Carpenter, Davis etc. Don't worry though, I don't think I went too far because I wasn't going to edit the Texas' and OSU's of the game and wanted to keep Bama's roster relatively in line with those.