NCAA Football 11

The3rdWalterLou

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 24, 2009
Nashville, TN
If you are a video game player, the newest edition of the NCAA Football series came out at midnight tonight. For those of you who play this game, what are your thoughts? Do you like it? Also, how awesome is it to have all of our starting defenders above a 90 rating. Anyways, if you have thoughts, do share.

BigAl5833

All-American
Oct 15, 2005
Muscle Shoals, AL
In the few games I have played so far this could easily be the best version of this game EA has ever put out. I am resisting the urge to use Bama online though

mjstide

1st Team
Nov 20, 2005
Fort Walton Beach, FL
Dont get me wrong I love our player ratings but did you see that Dre Kirk is rated 95 while Patrick Peterson from LSU is only a 93, some of the ratings are a bit off.... A first year starter should not be higher than a consensus top 10 draft pick.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Dont get me wrong I love our player ratings but did you see that Dre Kirk is rated 95 while Patrick Peterson from LSU is only a 93, some of the ratings are a bit off.... A first year starter should not be higher than a consensus top 10 draft pick.

Hey, I hope that rating holds true!!

Tider@GW_Law

All-American
Sep 16, 2007
Sacramento, CA
Is it crazy that I can't even come close to recruiting like CNS in a video game? I'm going to blame it on me being restricted to 10 hrs of phone time a week and only being able to schedule 3 activities per visit.

The recruiting system is way more strategic this year and you really have to throw a ton of resources at 5-stars up front to get that commitment. As in real life, I've found the soft commits pretty frustrating.

As far as the gameplay part of it goes, it is hands down the best NCAA I have played in quite a few years. And it just makes me remember how potent our offense has a potential to be. Love the fact that the pistol formation made it to our playbook, and the "Wild Tide" is very fun to run out of.

Tider@GW_Law

All-American
Sep 16, 2007
Sacramento, CA
As far as the gameplay part of it goes, it is hands down the best NCAA I have played in quite a few years. And it just makes me remember how potent our offense has a potential to be. Love the fact that the pistol formation made it to our playbook, and the "Wild Tide" is very fun to run out of.
Maze has been a beast too. I'm about halfway through the first season of an offline dynasty and Maze is top-20 in the country in receiving yds. Whenever teams go man-to-man, their #1 CB is always locked up on Julio and Maze seems to be quick enough to separate from every #2 CB I've seen thus far. Julio has had a case of the dropsy's.

yesitsmed23

1st Team
Aug 28, 2008
Huntsville, AL
amen, i'm glad they actually got "OUR" playbook in their this year and just not some generic playbook....ingram's a beast and so is richardson, and i think they made julio a little too slow IMO.

Bear Disciple

1st Team
Oct 27, 2009
Tuscaloosa, AL
Maze has been a beast too. I'm about halfway through the first season of an offline dynasty and Maze is top-20 in the country in receiving yds. Whenever teams go man-to-man, their #1 CB is always locked up on Julio and Maze seems to be quick enough to separate from every #2 CB I've seen thus far. Julio has had a case of the dropsy's.
Definitely agree with Julio's stone hands so to speak. Cost me a game online, wide open perfect deep ball right through his hands. Pretty disappointing, but he hasn't dropped many since that, he doesn't get many chances either, Ingram takes over, especially in the Wild Tide.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
Ingram is amazing and I love running Richardson and having him field punts. He almost never gets hit square. He is so elusive that he almost always ends up falling and spinning forward to get 3-5 more yards after getting hit. Very realistic.

Another cool thing is that in practice mode, the defenders do not tackle the QB. They just go up to him and touch him. Also, your QB can duck and have the defender jump over him.

Having the numbers on the helmets is awesome and our stadium looks HUGE!!!

Now if I can just get all of the stadium sounds put in I will be good to go. I have half of them...but the obscure ones still aren't there.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
Definite big step forward for the series. I love how the game "feels" this year, with some slider "tweaking" I believe this could easily be the best NCAA we've seen on the next gen consoles, and it's not even relatively close.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.