Entre: Chick Pea and Feta Salad

I

It's On A Slab

Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil in bowl. Stir in leek, and season with salt and pepper to tasted. Set aside.
Roll 7 or 8 spinach leaves into tight cyliner, then slice into thin strips. Repeat with remaining spinach leaves.
Combine, spinach, chick peas, carrots, bell pepper, and sunflower seeds in a large bowl. Stir in leek mixture, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Divide romaine lettuce among 4 plates. Top with chick pea salad, and arrange tomatoes around salad.
Garnish each serving with 1 tbsp feta and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
There is nothing I dislike more than the Garbanzo bean. I hate them more than the black eye pea. I would rather eat a bowl of boiled okra than a spoonfull of Chick Peas. It does look tasty though and I love Feta cheese. I think I wold like it if I replaced the Chick Peas for Red Kidney Beans.

But last night I had a dinner many people would turn their nose up to. I had a plate of fried chicken livers, french fried potatoes and Tabasco ketchup dipping sauce.

I

It's On A Slab

This looks awesome and I can almost taste it. I'll be making it this weekend....thanks!
It turned out great for a Summer meal. Fresh local honeydew melon, an awesome salad entree, and ice cold beer. :)

I

It's On A Slab

There is nothing I dislike more than the Garbanzo bean. I hate them more than the black eye pea. I would rather eat a bowl of boiled okra than a spoonfull of Chick Peas. It does look tasty though and I love Feta cheese. I think I wold like it if I replaced the Chick Peas for Red Kidney Beans.

But last night I had a dinner many people would turn their nose up to. I had a plate of fried chicken livers, french fried potatoes and Tabasco ketchup dipping sauce.
Chick peas are almost a staple to me these days. Partly for convenience because store-bought hummus is so easy to buy and consume. It's what I have for lunch nearly every day. Chick peas (garbanzos) are also loaded with protein, and, since I rarely eat meat anymore (maybe once a week), I need all I can get.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I made this last night and it was very good. Def a good summer dish and something to make if you are in a hurry. I love no cook meals.

This one will for sure go into my stack of vegetarian meals that I will make again. Honestly I wish that list was bigger, but some of the stuff I make is just bland. I think if it has garbanzo beans of black beans in it I'm good.

The wife even liked this one ;)

BTW going to try your couscous recipe this week too.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.