Wild Tide in NCAA 11

Bear Disciple

1st Team
Oct 27, 2009
Tuscaloosa, AL
Hey guys,

Just wondering how often you use the Wild Tide in the new NCAA game? I used it maybe 10-20 times against my friend and he told me it's cheap to use a formation that the team doesn't even use (he doesn't watch many Bama games) but I told him that it was used about that much in some games and it was a some what new formation and will probably be used a lot next year.

Anyway, anyone have any opinions? Thanks.

CrimsonJag

All-American
Apr 9, 2001
Jacksonville, FL
I like it.

I don't think it will work too well at the top two levels because the lateral speed of the better teams' AI won't allow you to get to the corners as easily.

Personally, I hope we have Ingram and Richardson running it like in the game this season. What a combo!

Tider@GW_Law

All-American
Sep 16, 2007
Sacramento, CA
I like it.

I don't think it will work too well at the top two levels because the lateral speed of the better teams' AI won't allow you to get to the corners as easily.

Personally, I hope we have Ingram and Richardson running it like in the game this season. What a combo!
Yeah, I haven't had much luck with it on Heisman, or All-American for that matter.

Bear Disciple

1st Team
Oct 27, 2009
Tuscaloosa, AL
I only play online at All-American and it works perfectly. I only run the jet sweep and the fake jet counter, those seem to be the only two that work, but our blocking does such a great job that when I give it to Trent on the sweep, he can cut up the middle for 8-10 if somebody tries to stop it by going to the outside.

Same goes for the counter with Ingram, I'll take him left, right, or up the middle and he's good for a first down.

I just wish the passing plays worked a little better, but I guess it's only fair because I can't remember us ever passing out of it, maybe once, but that;s it.

RollTideinGA

All-SEC
Jun 25, 2002
GA
I only play online at All-American and it works perfectly. I only run the jet sweep and the fake jet counter, those seem to be the only two that work, but our blocking does such a great job that when I give it to Trent on the sweep, he can cut up the middle for 8-10 if somebody tries to stop it by going to the outside.

Same goes for the counter with Ingram, I'll take him left, right, or up the middle and he's good for a first down.

I just wish the passing plays worked a little better, but I guess it's only fair because I can't remember us ever passing out of it, maybe once, but that;s it.
I'll try just those 2 plays out of it.

We passed twiced. One a Mcelroy pass to Julio for a TD, and the other from Ingram incomplete.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
I use it rather effectively in my dynasty on All-American difficulty. I don't use it near as often as we did this past season, but it's good for a change every now and then.

afadam07

1st Team
Aug 21, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
I havent had much success with the formation. Guess I'm doing something wrong or playing at too high of a level.
you have to watch if they have man to man or zone coverage. if they have m2m, you have to hand it to the guy in motion. if they are in zone, i like to snap the ball before the one in motion gets to you so he can go ahead and block. i do this on heisman. hope it helps.

specialkpntbl

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2007
Dothan, AL
I play my dynasty with Troy (don't ask...) but they have a wildcat formation in their playbook as well. I never get any more than 2 yards off of it, ever. I play on AA and when the defense sees it they put about 25 in the box and its all over with then...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.