What are you reading right now (II)?

CrimsonNan

BamaNation Hall of Fame
Oct 19, 2003
Vestavia Hills, Alabama, USA
Getting ready to start "Rescuing Sprite" by Mark Levin, talk show host. I bought three copies through Amazon for $13.20 for Christmas.

It's about his dog that died. A real tear-jerker. I haven't even started reading the book - just reading the "flaps" made me cry. but then I'm a sucker for doggies. :)

CrimsonNeck

1st Team
Jan 8, 2004
Elsewhen, Alabama
... I just finished Gettysburg by Newt Gingrich which is alternative history. It focuses on what might have happened if the South would have won the battle of Gettysburg. There is a sequel out, Grant Comes East, but I'm waiting for it to come out in paperback so I can have a matching set.
I love the whole 'alternative history' genre. Harry Turtledove has made a career from writing alternative American history, "Guns of the South", "American Empire", "Blood & Iron", but my favorite from Turtledove alternate world histories is one written in the mid-80's called "Agent of Byzantium", about the survival of the Byzantine Empire and a Christian Saint, known in our universe as Mohammad, but in this elsewhen world, this person instead converted to Christianity & fought through peaceful means, Persian emissaries who covertly were attempting to spread Zoroastrianism to Christian Byzantium. There are, I believe, three books in this collection w/ "Agent..." being the first.

ALMOST FORGOT! The most recent book read was a re-read of Crichton's "Timeline".

Last edited:

Bama323

All-American
Feb 3, 2005
About half way through "The Dreams of Ada" by Robert Mayer. It's a true story about a missing persons/murder case in a small Oklahoma town and how the police made tragic errors in their pursuit of justice.

MalletMan

Scout Team
Oct 4, 2007
Birmingham, AL
Just picked up Cormac McCarthy's Blood Meridian and No Country for Old Men. Blood Meridian first, NCfOM second, and Joseph Heller's Catch-22 after those are finished.

IBCandW

2nd Team
Jun 2, 2004
Alexander City, AL, US
About half way through "Confessor"...Terry Goodkind's
final novel in his Sword of Truth series....This series
started really strong...but the last couple of novels
haven't been that great. I'm hoping for a great finish...but
not that impressed so far.

AlabasterBama

3rd Team
Dec 14, 2006
Alabaster, Alabama
Just Finished "Wild Fire" by Nelson DeMille. Good Read...deals with the so called unspoken rule between the Arab Nations and the USA that if a nuke goes off in the USA, we'll retaliate with Nukes on every arab country in the Middle East. I've always enjoyed Demille's writing

Just started Steve Berry's "Alexandria Link" Another good author in line with
Brad Thor, Vince Flynn, David Baldacci, Nelson Demille, & Dan Brown

BamaHoHo

All-American
Aug 7, 2007
Coaling, Alabama, United States
Just Finished "Wild Fire" by Nelson DeMille. Good Read...deals with the so called unspoken rule between the Arab Nations and the USA that if a nuke goes off in the USA, we'll retaliate with Nukes on every arab country in the Middle East. I've always enjoyed Demille's writing

Just started Steve Berry's "Alexandria Link" Another good author in line with
Brad Thor, Vince Flynn, David Baldacci, Nelson Demille, & Dan Brown
This post :biggrin:

XXL TideFan

Suspended
Dec 7, 2002
The Southern Nation

R. Gordon Thornton (Pelican Press)

Last one was

THE SOUTHERN STATES OF THE AMERICAN UNION

JLM Curry University of Alabama 1895 (Got it at an auction)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.