What are you reading right now (II)?

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
To Be Frank: Building the American Dream in Business and Life by Frank Morsani and Dave Scheiber

Good read that shows where hard work and an entrepreneurial spirit can take you. The USF School of Medicine is named after Mr. Morsani.

TO BE FRANK, the life story of philanthropist and businessman Frank Morsani, explores his inspiring journey of hard work, perseverance and integrity—delving into detail about the winning management style that has defined his entire career. Frank has truly lived the American Dream—and his message to young people is that they can live it, too.

This is a uniquely American portrait of a down-to-earth man from humble roots. Coming of age in Oklahoma during the Great Depression, Frank took on the responsibility of running his family’s farm as a young teen, while his father traveled as a pipeline welder. His immigrant Italian grandparents’ steadfast work ethic formed a legacy that Frank brought to his Korean War service on a naval aircraft carrier, his career as a nationally successful automobile dealer, as a champion of small business who aided three U.S. Presidential administrations, and as Chairman of the Board of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.

Frank and his wife Carol’s lifelong commitment to giving back to their community has supported and sustained diverse areas in their adopted home of Tampa Bay, from education and medicine to culture and sports.Their unstinting efforts have strengthened the University of South Florida, the University of Tampa and their alma mater of Oklahoma State in significant and lasting ways.

Frank’s remarkably successful management and leadership approach, forged through hands-on experience in both business and the Navy, are detailed in a special chapter.

Unfailingly straightforward and engaging, Frank and Carol have lived their values—touching and improving the lives of others through far-reaching commitments to their community and the wider world. Theirs is a story that embodies key lessons—benefits for us all, no matter our walk of life.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
All by Jeff Carson:

Foreign Deceit Books 1,2 & 3 of the Colorado Sheriff David Wolf Series
The Silversmith
Alive and Killing

These are quick and entertaining reads. Brother Bodhi could probably read them all in one afternoon while he ate lunch in his plush gubmint office:tongue: There are-so far- 12 books in the series. I plan to read them all.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
All by Jeff Carson:

The Silversmith
Alive and Killing

These are quick and entertaining reads. Brother Bodhi could probably read them all in one afternoon while he ate lunch in his plush gubmint office:tongue: There are-so far- 12 books in the series. I plan to read them all.
Heh. If there is such a thing a plush government office, I haven't found one. They took the roof off the building a month ago and still haven't put a new one on. We have 20 buckets in our office trying to catch all the leaks. They keep replacing ceiling tiles, which are then ruined within days because, um, the roof is still missing. The new roof is said to be completed in a month or so. By then the black mold will surely be entrenched in the building.

The view is great, though. I look out my window and see the lighthouse on the barrier island. The best view I ever had in Crystal City was a fourth floor view of the loading dock. ;)

Last edited:

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
All by Jeff Carson:

The Silversmith
Alive and Killing

Read all the David Wolf books. Really enjoyed them, waiting for the next one.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I looked online for some of the Bug Man books. The books must be in high demand or kinda rare. One copy of the 1st Bug Man was $107. Other books were $20 or $30 each. Next time I go to the used bookstores or thrift stores I'll keep my eyes open for a Bug Man book.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Right now I'm reading the Informant, A Butcher's Boy Novel by Thomas Perry. Anything by Thomas Perry is a good read.

Y'all ever notice how most of the protagonist in books seem to be based on me? Sexy, deadly, intelligent!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.