Loyalty debate

a dixie chic

Feb 22, 2000
Birmingham, Alabama
I grew up in Trussville, AL attending Hewitt from the first day of kindergarten through graduation day. I have always kept up with sports there (especially football) even though we've been through some ups and downs over the years. Now I live in Hoover where my family is involved in Hoover City Schools. I have no problem cheering for Hoover against anyone - except Hewitt. If I ever go to a Hoover/Hewitt contest of any kind, I normally just remain fairly neutral. I might cheer on big plays for either team - you know - just enjoying the great sack or long throw for a touchdown. It's only a dilemma right now because my child isn't old enough to play sports yet, I will definitely cheer for the school she attends then.

Anyway, I'm sure I'm not the first one to encounter this. Any suggestions????

BamaDevO

All-SEC
Jun 13, 2000
Atlanta, Ga.
You are not!
I went to Emma Sansom and my wife went to their hated rival Etowah.
The first time she asked if I wanted to go to one of their games I said "NO" because I knew she would want to sit with her friends on their side.
Needless to say, the first time we ever went to one of the grudge games the rivalry had dissolved a little and it wasn't as bad.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.